The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Lacquer MSA S10 5&4.. sell/trade
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2017 5:10 pm    

Its mechanically perfect, plays absolutely beautifully, sounds gorgeous... Green lacquer finish has some fade, not bad, but it needs to be pointed out.. Guitar looks good, but certainly has its share of character from use. Bar dings, scratches here and there.. About what should be expected for 35-37 year old steel that has had some play time on it.. Good shape, NOT mint.. If there is any serious interest, I will get some pics up.

Mechanism is perfect, well maintained and runs like new.. Guitar NEVER ever, under any condition goes out of tune, either on the open strings or any of the changes...ever..

have a bunch of MSA pull parts that I will throw in the case as well.... .. Looking for a couple of acoustics, a 6 and a 12 string.. Looking for older Yamaha/Yamaki/Alvarez/Takamine etc MIJ acoustics, that PLAY WELL.. Not interested in MIC/MIK guitars.. Might consider a higher end USA built acoustic such as a Guild, but I would like to clear at least $500 on any trades for the MSA..
If something interesting is offered, I would offer say average selling price on ebay off the $1500 I feel the MSA is worth.
really wide open on acoustic guitar trades, so please, try me.
Here's a partial shot of the MSA while I had the back frame rail off to add 2 pedals a few years back, just to show the color, it was sitiing in back of my Marlen..... I will get detailed pics up if I start getting serious interest.. $1500 +shipping..bob

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2017 6:18 pm     MSA steel guitar

Bob, that is not an MSA that is a Marlen.

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2017 6:49 pm     Re: MSA steel guitar

Steven Black wrote:
Bob, that is not an MSA that is a Marlen.

Er umm, yes Steve, I realize that, and if you would have taken a few seconds to actually read the entire post, you would have seen this line in the description,

"Here's a partial shot of the MSA while I had the back frame rail off to add 2 pedals a few years back, just to show the color, it was sitting in back of my Marlen"

If there is real interest shown, detailed pics will be forthcoming... bob

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2017 7:37 pm    

a few members have requested pictures, and I will try to get some up within a day or so...

Steven Paris

Los Angeles
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2017 8:15 pm    

That's misleading................

David Higginbotham

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2017 8:28 pm    

I clearly see an MSA behind the Marlen and if you read the posting, Bob clearly explains the pic and the MSA. Nothing misleading that I see. Bob is a great guy to do business with and above all else, he's a straight shooter and very direct! The guy is a wealth of information. Bob, I sure miss that MSA tone!!! Oh Well
Dave

steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2017 4:16 am    

If I can understand the ad and clearly see a green guitar behind the Marlen, anyone should be able too as I am rather dull. 😉

Bob is a stand up guy from whom I've purchased a steel before. He is a longtime member in good standing and not a "flipper". His prices are very fair. Stevet

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2017 4:25 am    

I thank my long time SGF friends David and Steve for their kind words!
Look, guys I wasn't trying to mislead anyone.. The simple explanation is that I have no pics on file for the MSA, and did have one for the Marlen, with the MSA in the backround.. I posted it so people could get a little glimpse of the guitars color./
Boy its hard or me to swallow that guys get their shorts all knotted up over little things like this... I will get a few pics up within a day or so, and then guys can stop thinking I was trying to "get over" in some way.
By the way, when I sell anything, if a buyer is not happy with it, I will simply refund their money without a question.. I am not a flipper.. I am selling this guitar for what I have I it.. bob

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2017 5:09 am    

Chris Boyd

Leonia,N.J./Charlestown,R.I.
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2017 5:14 am    

I too have done a few deals with Bob and he is a 110% honest stand up guy... Hey Bob....the FG340 has become my favorite guitar...Never expected that ! Very Happy

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2017 6:35 am     MSA steel guitar

Sorry Bob, I did not read further, when I see a steel guitar I get distracted I fell in love with that Marlen that I did not read the whole thing, so I assumed you were selling the Marlen, is the MSA a XL series?

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2017 9:11 am    

Chris Boyd wrote:
I too have done a few deals with Bob and he is a 110% honest stand up guy... Hey Bob....the FG340 has become my favorite guitar...Never expected that ! Very Happy

thanks Chris.. I want it back, btw...

Second Yamaha acoustic I got rid of in the past few years that I wish I kept..

Whatever, I'll find something else.. I REALLY want a Yamaki,, Tough to find, but the BEST sound out of any MIJ acoustic that I have ever heard,,, they sound like a vintage D28.. I had one and sold that too.. The top was pulling.. Should have just put a Bridge Doctor in it.. Enjoy that Yamaha.. It was hand picked out of 3 in the store... I played it extensively with the store owners son, and a another sales guy close by, all guitarists, and we all agreed this one was special.... I miss it, but am really happy its being enjoyed, and well used... bob

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2017 11:02 am    

Pics... Taken today, too lazy to change the date after I changed the batteries..

The guitar has good shine, and looks good from a few feet away.. I have used camera and light angles that highlighted all the faded splotches, and whatever dings and dents I could.. Actually, I made it look quite a bit worse in the pictures than it actually does in person.. Aluminum endplates have some discoloration, but are not pitted. A bit of simichrome or mothers mag will have them looking new...
Again, if you need a shiny flawless steel guitar, this is not the guitar you want.. It has some finish issues with dings and the green lacquer fading under the clear coat, which is very common on old MSA's, especially green and blue.. I just don't want anyone to be disappointed, so please consider the finish as "not good", ... Mechanically its perfect and will most likely outlive its owner..

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2017 11:09 am    

the whiteness under the strings on the silk screened fret marker is just dust that was highlighted by the camera and light angles.
I neglected like a big dope to take 1 second and wipe the dust off the fretboard... bob

Jon Zimmerman

California, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2017 2:41 pm     Deleted 😲

Sorry Bob.

Last edited by Jon Zimmerman on 19 Nov 2017 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steven Paris

Los Angeles
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2017 2:47 pm    

Damir Besic wrote:

+1!! THAT's right!!

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2017 4:23 pm     Re: Flipper? Nah..

Jon Zimmerman wrote:
Bob is NOT a Flipper, but his car flips U-turns past yard/garage sales..much like the self-parking feature on the late models.. he never touches the wheel..it parks itself close by, pushes Bob out off the seat, so he's ready to spot a bargain...or did I hear wrong? 😀

I have had this MSA for years... When was the last time you saw one at a garage sale??..

Do you REALLY think I make money buying old crap putting sweat and cash into it so it works well, and then selling it for peanuts here??
Most of the stuff I sell here is at a loss, break even, and once in a while I make a buck or two.. I am retired and it gives me something to do.. Before you write STUPID shit, check the prices I sell at.. I make nothing on the greater part of what I sell here.. If I break even, I'm good.. You might want to check with a few of our friends here, and see if what I sold them was a bad deal.. oh, and by the way, mind your own business..

Jon Zimmerman

California, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2017 5:28 pm     ⁉️‼️

Remember the projector amp ..? Bell & Howell was it earlier this year? That's all I meant..
Believe it was a 'found' item..if it came across as insulting, I can delete, or put it in Humor.
No offense intended to anyone.

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 19 Nov 2017 7:52 pm     Re: ⁉️‼️

Jon Zimmerman wrote:
Remember the projector amp ..? Bell & Howell was it earlier this year? That's all I meant..
Believe it was a 'found' item..if it came across as insulting, I can delete, or put it in Humor.
No offense intended to anyone.

Remember it well.. I drove 80 miles to get it, bought it and sold it to a custom amp builder for a FULL $70.. Geez.....

K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2017 7:38 am    

But.....those pictures are from 13 years ago!! Hahahahahaha.....
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2017 7:52 am    

mods, kindly shut this post down.. No interest here.. I'll sell it locally... bob

John Scanlon

Jackson, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2017 8:24 am    

Wish I still had my old Alvarez-Yairi. I love these old MSAs.

Ronnie Myers

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2017 5:11 pm     Marlin

How much for marlin is it emmons tuning see 4 knees does it have up knee thanks

Landon Johnson

Washington, USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2017 8:40 pm     Never gonna sell here

After reading this post I'm never selling anything on here. That MSA is just the kind of guitar I like.

steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2017 10:30 pm    

Karl, I have photos of my steels from 25 years ago and the guitar looks the same now as it did then. Bob says the photos were taken November 19 2017 though the date says 2004. He explains why that is so.

Ronnie, the MSA is for sale; I don't think bob mentions the Marlen being for sale.

As I mentioned already, bob is a great guy with whom to do business. I would bet a number of members feel the same about him. Geez, you can even return the guitar if you are unhappy with it. I myself would not do that.

I hope Bob continues to post sales in the future of some of his other instruments. I'm always looking for something of value from a member I can trust to give me a fair deal.
Stevet