The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  1962 Blonde Fender 400 w/ 8 pedals $900 shipped
Nathan Hofer

Columbia, Missouri
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2017 8:19 am    

I've had a lot of fun with this guitar but I need to make some room in the basement. I have another, near mint 400 that I'll probably list soon.

So I completely disassembled, cleaned, and polished everything. When I pulled the frame of the body I found a piece of tape with the builder/inspector (?) and build date (I assume). In the picture you can see it reads Cathy 3-15-62. I left the tape in there when I reassembled it.

This thing has been around the block, many many times, and it shows cosmetically. It's dented and dinged and flaked to hell. But I've put qualasole on the painted surfaces to preserve what's there.

Oddly enough it's got lollipop tuners, which I assume are not original. But they are all tight and function perfectly.

Someone added a roller bridge at some point. Rough work but it performs very well.

Jazzmaster-style pickup sounds amazing and the volume/tone pots are all clean and lovely.

I had it tuned a step down to D9 (minus the two bottom strings) and I never broke a string. The current pedal setup is a modified Emmons ABC with Db lower and raise on pedals 1 and 4. The rest of the pedals are ... a failed experiment. It literally takes about 5 minutes to completely change the entire copedent though, so I'll just leave it as is for experimentation.

The cables and turnbuckles are all solid.

Comes with the original case and leg bag.

No strings on it right now.

If you'd like pictures of anything else, just ask.

This thing is a TON of fun to play and sounds like a dream. I think $110 per pedal is a very fair price; you can use those 8 pedals for all kinds of sonic experiments.

$900 shipped to you.

K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2017 7:45 am    

Interesting that the tuning pan is from a much older non pedal Like a Dual Professional.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.

Nathan Hofer

Columbia, Missouri
Post  Posted 30 Nov 2017 5:51 am    

SOLD - Donation forthcoming.