The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Zip Bar?
Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2017 5:41 am    

When I lived in Austin Tejas in the 70's I bought a very cool stainless bar it had a zip code stamped on the bottom,I'm pretty sure that I bought it a "Heart of Texas music"would love to find another?
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Bruce Derr

Lee, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2017 10:37 am    

I've have this old "Zip" bar for so long that I no longer remember where it came from, but I've never been to Texas. It probably came with one of the used steels I've had. The numbers on the end don't look like a zip code, though.

[/img]

Stu Schulman

Post  Posted 12 Nov 2017 12:55 am    

That's it!
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Stu Schulman

Post  Posted 12 Nov 2017 3:06 am    

I thought that was the zip code...that must be the company name,If you ever want to sell it let me know.

Mitchell Smithey

Dallas, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2017 5:23 pm    

Stu, I bought several Zip bars in Dallas from McCord Music about 1975 or so. Still have one around here somewhere. Good bar but heavy!

Stu Schulman

Post  Posted 14 Nov 2017 1:42 am    

Mitchell,I sent you an email!

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2017 2:11 pm    

Stu
I had a Zip bar back in the 70's or 80's. It had "ZIP" stamped on the end. I either got it from or gave it to Josh Dubin or Danny Hawk sometime over the decades. But I do remember I had one and that it was too big and too heavy for me to use.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Stu Schulman

Post  Posted 17 Nov 2017 12:05 am    

Herb,I remember Josh also had one,I had also bought a 1"one it was giant I'm guessing that the one I liked was 15/16"I really liked the tapering the bottom of the bar never got caught in the strings.

Lee Rider

Fort Bragg, California, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jan 2024 1:46 pm    

Good bars: