The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Hilton pedal wide open and unresponsive, weird problem.
Chuck Snider

West Virginia, USA - Morgantown, WV
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2017 1:04 am    

I have a Hilton pedal (low profile with detachable 24vdc power supply) l that is intermittently acting very weird. The volume seemed to go extremely loud, and moving the pedal through it's range doesn't seem to do anything. I also tried turning down the volume on my amp, and that didn't seem to help, it was still real loud. It also seemed like it only did that on some of the strings, which made no sense. Sorta like the problem was frequency related??? It happened during a gig, so I was in a bit of a panic and didn't have time to do any diagnostics. Out of desperation I quickly unplugged only the Hilton pedal ac adapter and plugged it back in, then it seemed to be ok???? Sorta like it needed to be "reset" by unplugging it and plugging it back in. That has happened to me twice now. Any thoughts or suggestions??

Thanks,
-Chuck
GFI U-12 Ultra Keyless, Carter Black U-12, both with Alumitones, and a sweet '70 Sho-Bud Permanent D-10, NV400 in Rick Johnson cabs, NV112, '73 Vibrosonic in Rick Johnson cabs, Hilton pedal, Steeler's Choice seat, Bessdang Gizmos from Dale Hansen, and a few other widgets and doodads.
I may not sound good, I just don't wanna sound bad.

Ian Rae

Redditch, England
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2017 1:46 am    

It's easy to ask Keith Hilton - he's a forum member.