The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Zum Stage One-EC w/pad & case $1,200-SOLD pending funds !
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2017 7:27 am    

I have a really nice Zum Stage One that I bought used a couple of years ago, and I love it but I miss the D10s and want the C6th neck sound. I purchased a new pad for it that was made by fellow forumite Don Blood that is detachable from the legs and is a big improvement to the original pad. The case is also in EC. I would prefer to sell locally and not bother with the shipping. The steel is currently in the Phoenix Az area and then I will take it with me to Oklahoma and then to Dallas around Thanksgiving time. Of course I could also drop it off at any point in between on my trips...New Mexico. I would accept pay pal but the buyer would have to pay the fees. I would be willing to split the shipping costs, but its going to take 2 boxes-one for the steel and one for the pad, since it wont fit in the case. I would insist on having UPS pack, which of course would make shipping more expensive, but at least if they pack it, then they are responsible for any shipping damage. So the shipping could be rather expensive, depending on where the buyer, lives of course.
Thanks for looking.

Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Last edited by Larry Lenhart on 11 Nov 2017 12:54 pm; edited 3 times in total

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2017 12:13 pm    

Is that one of the free loaders on the leg by saRon music? Those are nice. And his pads are great quality! I'm looking at a guitar that had one myself. This is a good deal you have on this and Doug makes some great guitars. Good luck brother. .. someone will be happy!

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2017 3:18 pm    

Yes that is a FreeLoader and I dont leave home without it...it really can dial in the tone in different rooms...its not included btw...haha...Just the steel, case and the pad.
Thanks for looking.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2017 6:45 am    

Not much interest in this steel...perhaps the fact that I said local pickup or delivery is driving people away, or the price. I will wait for the right buyer to come along. I think it will make someone happy who is looking for a light weight, good playing, good sounding steel. I think the reputation of these guitars speaks for them.
I would like to add that once I am back in Oklahoma in December I am willing to drive to meet the buyer...Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri are all easy drives for me.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2017 8:13 pm    

I would be willing to split the shipping costs, but its going to take 2 boxes-one for the steel and one for the pad, since it wont fit in the case. I would insist on having UPS pack, which of course would make shipping more expensive, but at least if they pack it, then they are responsible for any shipping damage. So the shipping could be rather expensive, depending on where the buyer, lives of course.
I think this is a fair way to go as things do happen, and I have had a couple of rather disappointing experiences with shippers, and in both cases it was their handling, not the packing.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2017 2:23 pm    

I also just lowered the price $100 to $1,200.

Thanks for looking !

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2017 6:28 pm    

I can't believe this hasn't sold. These are one of the best little guitars, I have ever played. Thinking of it myself, not that I need it, but I sure miss mine, just to see it sitting there.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2017 6:44 pm    

there is not a one single top 40 hit song on country radio today that can't be played on this guitar...

Frank Freniere

The First Coast
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2017 6:50 pm    

Nice looking guitar, Larry. What do the knees do?

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 10 Nov 2017 8:35 pm    

Thanks Jim and Damir for the comments about this Stage One.
It is a great guitar and will make someone happy I think.
Frank, the lefts are the Emmons raise and lower of the E's and the RKR lowers the second string and the RKL raises the 1st and 7th strings. If I could afford it, I would keep this one and buy a D10, but I cant so this one has to go so I can purchase a D10.

Jeffrey York

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2017 3:11 am    

Larry I have always been in love with the steel guitar, but have never played or had one. I am thinking of trying to learn to play. Would the zum be a good starter. I really know nothing much about steels, just what I have read. Never touched one, but would like to learn. What are your thoughts. Thanks, Jeff

J.D.White

Lafayette, Louisiana
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2017 7:31 am    

PM Sent.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2017 8:01 am    

Jeffrey York wrote:
Larry I have always been in love with the steel guitar, but have never played or had one. I am thinking of trying to learn to play. Would the zum be a good starter. I really know nothing much about steels, just what I have read. Never touched one, but would like to learn. What are your thoughts. Thanks, Jeff

Jeff...the Zum Stage One is more than enough to start on...it really is a pro-line guitar just not capable of being changed any, but it already has most of what a steel guitarist would need for years, if not for a lifetime !

That being said, I have a possible deal in the works and I need to give this potential buyer the first shot at it.

Thanks for your interest.

Jeffrey York

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2017 8:08 am    

Larry, I guess if the guitar is still available I would buy it, let me know. Thanks, Jeff

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 11 Nov 2017 12:56 pm    

Sold pending funds...steel is headed for Texas.
Thanks to all who looked and inquired.