The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  End Plates For A Nashville Ltd D10
Dave Morrison

Whbg Ohio Usa
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2017 11:49 am    

I MAY NEED TO EITHER BUY OR FIND SOMEONE TO CAST ME 2 NEW END PLATES FOR A NASHVILLE LTD DOUG JERNIGAN MODEL D10.THE LEG HOLES IN THE OLD ONES WERE A LITTLE LOOSE SO I GOT THE BIG IDEA TO HAVE THEM WELDED UP THEN REDRILL AND TAP THEM BACK OUT.A FRIEND OF MINE [RETIRED UNION WELDER] HAS HAD THEM FOR A MONTH NOW AND HE JUST KEEPS PUTTING ME OFF.I THINK HE MAY HAVE MESSED THEM UP AND DOESN'T WANT TO TELL ME.AT ANY RATE I'M INTO THIS GUITAR TOO FAR NOW TO BAIL OUT SO IF YOU GUYS KNOW OF ANY OR CAN TELL ME WHERE THE GUYS WHO BUILD STEELS GET THEIR CASTINGS DONE LET ME KNOW.
THX IN ADVANCE DAVE

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2017 6:13 pm     Re: End Plates For A Nashville Ltd D10

Dave Morrison wrote:
I MAY NEED TO EITHER BUY OR FIND SOMEONE TO CAST ME 2 NEW END PLATES FOR A NASHVILLE LTD DOUG JERNIGAN MODEL D10.THE LEG HOLES IN THE OLD ONES WERE A LITTLE LOOSE SO I GOT THE BIG IDEA TO HAVE THEM WELDED UP THEN REDRILL AND TAP THEM BACK OUT.A FRIEND OF MINE [RETIRED UNION WELDER] HAS HAD THEM FOR A MONTH NOW AND HE JUST KEEPS PUTTING ME OFF.I THINK HE MAY HAVE MESSED THEM UP AND DOESN'T WANT TO TELL ME.AT ANY RATE I'M INTO THIS GUITAR TOO FAR NOW TO BAIL OUT SO IF YOU GUYS KNOW OF ANY OR CAN TELL ME WHERE THE GUYS WHO BUILD STEELS GET THEIR CASTINGS DONE LET ME KNOW.
THX IN ADVANCE DAVE

Just go pick them up. you can drill them and install a heli coil to get the threads back like new. If he has not messed them up. You can get the kit on ebay or at fasten all

Dave Morrison

Whbg Ohio Usa
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2017 6:03 am    

Thanks for the tip Jimmie but to be honest that's what set this whole thing into motion.I owned this guitar back in the mid nineties and when the sockets got loose I had an automotive shop at the time so I got the brite idea to helicoil them,which would have worked except I didnt have a good drill press to get the angle right on them.Fast forward 20 years and I bought it back. So now I'm trying to fix what I screwed up back then.You live and learn I guess. Dave

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2017 10:03 am     ok

Dave Morrison wrote:
Thanks for the tip Jimmie but to be honest that's what set this whole thing into motion.I owned this guitar back in the mid nineties and when the sockets got loose I had an automotive shop at the time so I got the brite idea to helicoil them,which would have worked except I didnt have a good drill press to get the angle right on them.Fast forward 20 years and I bought it back. So now I'm trying to fix what I screwed up back then.You live and learn I guess. Dave
I know of a shop that can mill out a set if you have the old set to get the measurements from. Not cheep but they do good work.

Carl Heatley

Morehead City,NC
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2017 6:21 am    

Have you tried Garry Rittenberry...He may have some kicking around...Worth a call.
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com/id3.html

Dave Morrison

Whbg Ohio Usa
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2017 4:24 pm    

Carl: I did call Gary but he didn't have any.
Jimmie; when you say not cheap how much you talking?

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 4 Nov 2017 4:46 pm     endplates

Dave Morrison wrote:
Carl: I did call Gary but he didn't have any.
Jimmie; when you say not cheap how much you talking?

Most likely around $200.00 each to machine them.
I would need the endplates to get the measurements from before I could get you a exact price on the machine cost and material cost.

Dave Morrison

Whbg Ohio Usa
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2017 4:50 pm    

Thanks Jimmie. I'm gonna try to pick them up this week so I'll let you know.The way I see it though is the guitar is useless without end plates,and I bought it back at a decent price so if I have to spend a little on it I'll be ok.To be continued.LOL Dave

Jimmie Hudson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2017 8:25 pm     endplates

Dave Morrison wrote:
Thanks Jimmie. I'm gonna try to pick them up this week so I'll let you know.The way I see it though is the guitar is useless without end plates,and I bought it back at a decent price so if I have to spend a little on it I'll be ok.To be continued.LOL Dave
OK

Dave Morrison

Whbg Ohio Usa
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2017 1:44 pm    

Hey Jimmie I got the plates back and sure enough I'm gonna need a set.I would like to talk to you if you have time.If you want to pm me your number or you can text it to me.My cell is 740 821 5967.Thx Dave