The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Peavey BW 1501-4
Francesco Porcu

Italy
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2017 2:06 pm    

Hi, in your opinion, if you have already made a test, what is the difference between the old Peavey 1501-4 SB that runs on session 400 limited and the new 1501-4 in Neodymium that mounts the new Session 115? because I want to buy a cone of 15 and I would not know between the two who is better, thanks to all those who can answer.
Francesco Smile

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2017 3:38 pm    

Between those pictured, there's virtually no difference in the speaker cone, basket. The only difference I'm aware of is the magnet itself. I don't believe any appreciable differences in the sound of the two are realized.

I should think the smart thing to do is to get the neo mag and save oneself a few pounds in the tote department.

There are slight differences among the very early 1501 Spider Web and the 1501 DT compared to those above however.

I defer, as always, to Peavey representative Mike Brown.

Francesco Porcu

Italy
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2017 12:43 am     Peavey BW 1501-4

Thanks a lot Jerry, I did this dommanda because I still see the cone in the first photo for sale, if it sounds like the new one who assembles the session 115 because they continue to fabricate the old man who has a higher weight? Where can I buy the new cone? because I can not find it on the internet I can only find what you see in the link that is the old model, thanks again for your answer Francesco Smile

http://www.usspeaker.com/peavey%2015014bw-1.htm

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2017 5:13 am     Re: Peavey BW 1501-4

Francesco Porcu wrote:
...Where can I buy the new cone? because I can not find it on the internet I can only find what you see in the link that is the old model, thanks again for your answer Francesco Smile

http://www.usspeaker.com/peavey%2015014bw-1.htm

I don't know, sorry. You might contact www.peavey.com or rep Mike Brown for the information.

Hope you can find the new model.

Francesco Porcu

Italy
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2017 5:51 am     Peavey BW 1501-4

Thank you for note Jerry.. Smile

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2017 6:49 am     Peavey Black Widow Neo mag versus a ceramic BW speaker

I took the new neo BW 1501-4ohm speaker to the Texas Steel Guitar Jamboree back in 2003. Many players made an A/B test and they(including myself) using these speakers there want "nary" a one that could tell the difference, except when the picked the Nashville 1000 us off of the floor.

Try it.

Francesco Porcu

Italy
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2017 6:55 am     Re: Peavey Black Widow Neo mag versus a ceramic BW speaker

Mike Brown wrote:
I took the new neo BW 1501-4ohm speaker to the Texas Steel Guitar Jamboree back in 2003. Many players made an A/B test and they(including myself) using these speakers there want "nary" a one that could tell the difference, except when the picked the Nashville 1000 us off of the floor.

Try it.

Hi Micke, so you say there is no difference between the old and the new neodymium? why i should make a 1x15 chest for my PSG and i would not go wrong in choosing the cone, thanks for your reply Francesco Smile

Mike Brown

Meridian, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2017 10:28 am     BW Neo

I "think" that I understand your question. The only detectable difference was the actual weight of the two speakers.

Francesco Porcu

Italy
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2017 11:13 am     Re: BW Neo

Mike Brown wrote:
I "think" that I understand your question. The only detectable difference was the actual weight of the two speakers.

Thank you Mike, unfortunately I do not speak English but I translate with google trdutore, thank you for your answer, now where can i buy the cone? because on the internet I do not find a store where I can buy the cone 1501-4 Neo. Thank you Francesco Smile