The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Franklin Method??
Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2017 2:52 pm    

I was kinda thinking the Franklin Method would have "launched" today,,,,wonder when it is going to happen?

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 2 Nov 2017 9:24 am    

Not sure, Sonny. But another thing that has not been discussed here (if it has, I missed it) is the cost of the subscription. Since I am on SS, I don't have a lot of extra cash to spend. This will be critical for me.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2017 11:38 am    

They have posted the price at $475 (introduction price) for the first year. And possibly $575/year after the first year. They haven't really covered that though.

From a thread in the for sale section (For Sale: Music, Lessons, Etc.):

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=321821&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=25

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 2 Nov 2017 4:02 pm    

I’m out. Too rich for my blood. I’ll keep relying on Mr. Newman, at least that is paid for.

Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2017 7:18 am    

Hey Richard,,where did you see the $475 price? I think I will need to see if it is going to be "how to do Paul's intros, ending, various signature licks etc" (ala Mickey Adams youtube). Maybe there will be a week or 2 trial period,,,,or maybe not???
Like I have said in previous post, I think a "complete" method should start by getting a new player to the point of "participating",,,,and since it has been mentioned as being kinda college type, surely it will have a "beginning" (getting a player up to participating) right on up to advanced,,,progressively.

Last edited by Sonny Jenkins on 3 Nov 2017 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total

David Cubbedge

Toledo,Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2017 8:04 am    

So it works out to be about $20 per lesson, if you do two a month. That is about right, but I can see where it might not be for those on fixed income... Maybe Paul will accept AARP!
Red Emmons D10 fatback #2246D with sweet Hugh Briley split cases, Black Emmons S10 #1466S, '73 Fender "Snakeskin" Twin Reverb, Peavey Nashville 400, Line 6 Pod XT, Fender 400, Fender Stringmaster Double-8, too many guitars, one bass!

Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2017 9:29 am    

I hope it is by the lesson, you can pick the lesson and how often you can afford one.

Phone: 971-219-8533

Allan Haley

British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2017 11:24 am    

My understanding is that $475 is an introductory price. I'm really thinking about paying for a year's subscription. That would be $600 Canadian. For sure, I would be happier paying $50 CAN a month.
I suspect the value will be there, but I think it would be good practice to have a trial "try out" period, either free or for some reasonable price.

Bryan Daste

Portland, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2017 11:42 am    

A monthly subscription option would be nice!

Jerry Horch

Alva, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2017 2:40 pm    

I took hourly lessons long ago for a short spell.Once a week.Gas money, lugging that MSA once I got downtown to the music store, once a week. Now ....500 some odd dollars, maybe for a year subscription....I hope. Unlimited time on the "lesson" going back as many times as my hearts content too a week. About 10 bucks a week.....able to practice in my underwear...not a bad deal. If its a yearly set rate for access.Pretty good instructor to boot.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2017 5:10 pm    

Sonny Jenkins wrote:
Hey Richard,,where did you see the $475 price? I think I will need to see if it is going to be "how to do Paul's intros, ending, various signature licks etc" (ala Mickey Adams youtube). Maybe there will be a week or 2 trial period,,,,or maybe not???
Like I have said in previous post, I think a "complete" method should start by getting a new player to the point of "participating",,,,and since it has been mentioned as being kinda college type, surely it will have a "beginning" (getting a player up to participating) right on up to advanced,,,progressively.

Click on the link in my previous post. There is a post from the Franklin team that spells things out.