The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  How many of you own an Excel D8 non pedal steel ?
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 6:53 pm    

I was taking a lesson from margie Mays today and she has an Excel...she loves it...she can make anything sound great, but it sure looks and sounds great to my ears. Just curious if any of you have one, and might be interested in selling it. I am not listing this in the WTB section, at this point, just curious about your thoughts on them.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Nic Neufeld

Kansas City, Missouri
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2017 4:22 am    

I don't own one, but I agree they sound good (OR she makes it sound good!):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PIDyP1OacM

From what I understand, they are made in Japan...I remember running across them when I was seeing if anyone made actual frypan replicas any more.
http://fuzzypsg.com/int/jb.html#jb_lap

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2017 8:11 am    

Great guitars, I have a couple.
Not ready to sell though! Very Happy
Erv

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2017 1:57 pm    

Erv Niehaus wrote:
Great guitars, I have a couple.
Not ready to sell though! Very Happy
Erv

Brag,brag, brag ! Smile Now Erv, thats not nice...after all we share in common...love of steel guitars, both graduates from Arizona State, you even came to my home town of Ponca City to work on Kaw Dam, and ALL of the tab I have purchased from you over the years,,,and with all that you wouldnt part with one of TWO things you have that I want !! ?? Smile I only need ONE...haha

I had the frypan version and I know they are great steels...maybe some day one will be in the cards for me.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Erv Niehaus

Litchfield, MN, USA
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2017 2:02 pm    

Larry,
Friendship only goes SO far! Very Happy Very Happy
Erv

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2017 8:07 pm    

Erv, I knew you would have a come back, I just wasnt clever enough to figure out what it would be ! Smile

But seriously, I would like to hear from more Excel D8 owners...I know I missed out on one several years ago, but of course if I would have purchased it, I would have sold it by now Smile