The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Ridiculously cheap import tone bars?
John Culp

Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2017 9:39 am    

I need to correct what I said about the $7 sculpted bar. That copper color where I thought the chrome had already worn through was some sort of stain. It polished off, and the chrome is fine. It has some miniscule scratches from playing with it for a week. And I just realized that what I thought was a casting sprue is a rhinestone set in the front end of It! It is die cast, though, I can see hints of the die parting seam not fully polished out in the end recesses of the bar. They may have drilled out the spruce for the socket for the "diamond." It is a comfortable, easy bar to use, and at a week it is holding up fine. Very Happy

Nic Neufeld

Kansas City, Missouri
Post  Posted 30 Oct 2017 6:01 am    

I picked up one of these from Amazon as I needed a "backup" to my main tone-bar (can't remember what exactly it is as I don't recall from whom I bought it...it does have Broz-O-Phonic stamped near the base though...I didn't think I would have paid for a particularly nice one at the time though). As others have mentioned, it has a hole in the base, and compared to my main tone bar it is thinner in diameter, and longer. Not bad, and generally usable, but would take some getting used too, particularly the length difference.

For me, it'll just be a secondary, so its probably fine enough for the price, I doubt I'll put more mileage onto it than it can handle.