The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Carvin TS100 all tube stereo power amp--CLOSE
Tommy Boswell

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2017 9:29 am    

CLOSE for now...

Selling my Carvin TS100 all tube power amp. As much as I like this amp, I don't play stereo, and I don't plan to build a rack system, so it needs to go. Otherwise I'd keep it, it sounds so fine!

50 watts per side, 100 watts bridged. It came with EL34 power tubes, but I switched to 6L6s for cleaner pedal steel sound. The EL34s had a nice sizzle when driven, where the 6L6s are more silky smooth. I will miss that silky tone, the kind that makes you just want to keep playing!

You can read about the amp here, at least for now (you all probably know Carvin is going out of business):
https://carvinaudio.com/products/ts100

Asking $375 plus shipping for the amp with your choice of power tubes. If you want the 6L6s (my favorite) it is ready to go. If you want the original factory EL34s, I will install those and set the bias according to factory specs (instructions are in the owner's manual). If you want both sets of tubes add $50. Also, if you want the rack case shown in the pictures, add $50 for that.
Paypal is OK if you cover the fees.

I will include owner's manual and schematic with the amp. Pictures don't show the metal top cover, I removed that for the gut shots. Will of course ship it closed up and well-packed.

(Preamp and speaker cabinet in pictures are not for sale).

Last edited by Tommy Boswell on 28 Oct 2017 3:53 am; edited 2 times in total

David Higginbotham

Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2017 6:40 pm    

Guys,
Tommy purchased this amp from me. I thought I would move on to other equipment...but I was wrong! I had seller's remorse. The TS-100 gave me the best tone I've ever had so I bought another one shortly thereafter. (Paid more too Rolling Eyes )

I've always been a fan of Carvin tube amps and I currently have two of them. These are great amps and Tommy is a great guy to deal with.
Dave

Tommy Boswell

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2017 4:42 am    

Thanks David.

If anyone wants better pictures I can email them. I had to crop these to get them uploaded.

Tommy Boswell

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2017 3:49 am    

Close for now, I need to replace a volume pot. Then I might just decide to keep it, really do like this amp.