The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  FS: Custom Webb 614 Head $900/OBO
Matthew McDaniel

Hendersonville, TN
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2017 2:33 pm    

Hi fellow steelers! Up for sale here is a custom Webb 614 head in a handmade cherry cabinet. Originally this Webb was a combo, however I had a local TN woodworker make a custom headshell for it so I could save on weight by splitting up the speaker/amp. The speaker is currently being used w/ another Webb head that I have, however I no longer need the amp. It works perfectly, although the volume pot is just a little scratchy (I will clean it and that should solve the problem, as it sounds like just a dirty pot..otherwise all functions work, and the amp sounds just as good as a Webb should! There is no reverb pan, so the reverb doesn't work, but I always use external pedals/reverb units anyway, so this wasn't an issue for me. I do have the original reverb pan I could throw in for you, but I'm not sure if it is working. The amp is in excellent condition, with a few scuffs/scrapes on the faceplate (which are cosmetic only), and the headshell is in perfect condition with not a mark on it! It is a professional job, dove-tailed, and it looks absoluteley amazing..the woodworker chose this Cherry wood specifically for the way it would look under stage lights, however I have never gigged the amp since converting it into a head. If you've been looking for a good, unique steel amp, you cannot do better than this Webb!

Asking $900.00 plus 30.00/shipping, OBO. Paypal accepted, if buyer covers the fee. Thanks for looking, and feel free to email me with any and all questions you might have.

Matthew McDaniel

Hendersonville, TN
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2017 3:57 pm     Bump

To the top

Hillary Early

Fort Worth Texas, USA
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2017 9:02 am     Take my money!

Pm sent

Matthew McDaniel

Hendersonville, TN
Post  Posted 22 Oct 2017 10:02 am     PM Replied

Reply sent. Thanks.