The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Annual Show!!!
Peter Hart

Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2017 2:40 pm    

The Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association will hold its annual show on October 28th!
The show will be held at the VFW, Post 5392, 134 Shove Street in Tiverton, Rhode Island.
Show times are from 3pm until 9 pm (or there abouts...).
Our headliner band will be : CROSSFIRE!
We also have a full lineup of steel players so come on down and enjoy the music, food and friendships!

Hope to see you there!

Pete Hart RISGA Secretary Smile

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2017 5:40 am     Eleven Days And Counting

I am getting excited. Need to practice, because the brain doesn`t work like it used to. We have already sold a significant # of tickets. You can purchace them at the door as well. The kitchen will be open. Jim Rice says he has filled all the player slots. But I think he could create an opening if Paul Franklin were to call and request joining the lineup. It looks like Roger Trahan`s knife wound won`t prevent him from playing. This show could go down in history as the "Trahan`s Hand Show". I always enjoy listening to Chris Brooks, Terry Sutton and Harry Teachman. RISGA has all three in the lineup. Also, the young man who thrills audiences with his golden voice and guitar pickin`, will be making his debut on steel.

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2017 4:50 pm    

I must be losing it. I failed to say the young man making his debut is Josh Bruffee from somewhere near Carver Mass.

Jim Rice

Littleton, Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 3:17 am    

The show is this Saturday starting at 3:00 so make your plans. Great lineup with over a dozen great players. We'll have a couple of jams for the player to show off their stuff too. Plus all the food, prizes and raffles. Can't wait!

Players: I've finalized the players schedule and sent it out to the folks I have emails for. If you need a copy and did not get one send me a PM through the Forum and I'll send you a copy.

Harry Teachman

South Dartmouth,Massachusetts, USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 3:23 pm    

PM sent.

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2017 5:20 am    

Just bumping up. President Jim Rice has added a hot young picker to the lineup. He is Trevor Riley from Connecticut.

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2017 12:33 pm    

This show had good events that rival other national shows.
#1. The opening ceremony included Roger Trahan playing the Star Spangled Banner with 100% respecting the flag.
#2. RISGA featured the band "Crossfire" for one hour with Roger on steel similar to "Gunsmoke" and other bands playing the PSGA Show in Norwalk.
#3. A dozen steel pickers performed individual sets. There were 2 mini jams as well.
#4. I think I traveled the shortest distance as Portsmouth and Tiverton are next to each other. And Kerry Sutton gets the prize for traveling the longest distance of 192 miles, not counting President Jim Rice coming from Oklahoma.
It was a very successful day with good food, guest singers, good steel pickin` and a good backup band for SIX hours. We can`t wait for next year.

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2017 1:52 pm    

I meant to say Terry Sutton, not Kerry. Please forgive me Terry.