The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The Paul Franklin Method
Franklin

Post  Posted 25 Sep 2017 6:03 pm    

In the past, I’ve taught lessons via cassettes, CDs, DVDs, private lessons and clinics. While those are all good ways to share knowledge, they do not make it practical to follow up with students to make sure that I have covered the lesson material in a clear and concise manner and that the student has learned it completely.

I now believe that internet video technology has advanced to the point that offering a streaming online course is the best way to teach as much content as possible. Organizing the lessons into a method allows students to learn at their own pace, ask questions, and even help create new content.

Designed for all players at all levels - from beginners to working pros, The Paul Franklin Method is a university-style course drawing on my 50+ years of playing pedal steel, and is designed to teach you everything you’ll need to know to be the best you can be. We’ll launch with 90 streaming high definition, multi-camera videos and add to that content on a regular basis. There are also jam tracks, PDF transcriptions and TABs.

This course will be a living, breathing, and ongoing resource and I will be updating the contents regularly based on student requests for more examples or exercises, and any new insights I might have from my studio and live gigs. I look forward to working with you to make the course the best it can be.

My partners and I are putting the finishing touches on The Paul Franklin Method and plan to open enrollment very soon. In the meantime, we'd like to share a preview of the course. Just click on the link below to watch some clips and get more info.

Thanks so much for your interest! - Paul

The Paul Franklin Method COMING SOON!

--

Peter Johannisse

Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2017 11:48 pm    

This is what will give the steel guitar community an impulse to get to the next level, inspiring, challenging and progressive. Thanks Paul!

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2017 6:04 am     great product

looking forward to this!

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2017 11:09 am    

This looks very interesting. I will be sure and watch for this to be out. I'm not much for the internet, but I understand, and have for years, it's the future. I just hope it's offered where you can have your on hard copy of everything too. I know Paul is, and has been one of the best for years. Really look forward to this.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2017 11:12 am    

Also, like to mention. Mike Archer, I have a lot of your stuff too. I have really enjoyed them. What happened, haven't seen any for awhile. I got mine from e-bay.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2017 12:16 pm     thanks

jim I have a lot on the forum under music for sale section

mike

Glenn Demichele

(20mi N of) Chicago Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 2 Oct 2017 12:26 pm    

What a great opportunity. It's so tempting to sign up, but maybe I should keep my blinders on. Ignorance is bliss. The angel and devil on my shoulder have lots to talk about.

John A. Russell

Norfolk, UK
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2017 4:50 am     Master

I have met and watched "the master", many times and have always been amazed at his skill. If I can learn 5% of what he can teach me, I will be a better player. Paul's advice has always been sound.

Can't Wait.

John Russell (UK)
Franklin S10, Telonics X10 pup, Telonics Volume Pedal, Telonics 500 Combo Amp, with Mike Johnson Tone, BJS Bar. Vox AC15C2, Fender Stratocaster, Music Man Albert Lee. Brent Mason Nashville Telecaster. Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Amplifier.Cali76 Studio Compressor, Boss DM3 Delay. Hall & Collens Signature Echo unit.

Cartwright Thompson

Post  Posted 3 Oct 2017 1:02 pm    

Sounds great, how much $$?

kevin ryan

San Marcos, California
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2017 3:53 pm    

I'm in...

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2017 6:32 am    

PAUL I am patiently (I use that term loosely) watching my email for the course to be up and running......I'm in!!!!!

Dave Ziebarth

Rockville, MD
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2017 7:18 pm    

Very cool. Can't wait to find out more.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 7 Oct 2017 3:55 am    

Paul, all I can say is Jeff Newman would be mighty proud of you, being as he was the pioneer of teaching the steel guitar.
Golly, when I was trying (and still am) to learn, you could hardly get anyone to even tell you what their pedals did, much less show you a lick.

I look forward to seeing what you are offering and heck this old geezer might just jump in.

Love ya pal
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2017 4:11 pm    

Paul,
Excuse my ignorance, but will we be able to copy the streaming videos for reference at a later date? I'm a slow learner who needs to frequenty go over a lesson.

Wishing you success with the plan.

Stevet

Stefan Robertson

Hertfordshire, UK
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2017 2:04 am    

I'm in looks good and I hope finally someone will use some music theory to explain things so I can translate it to my Lap Steel Guitar as tabs and string names are so long.

Give me notes and what they are doing through the changes and I'm there. Can't wait. Excited.

Paul I will ask some questions if you don't mind that are theory related as this makes it easy for me to understand.
E13#9/F secrets: https://thelapsteelguitarist.wordpress.com

"Give it up for The Lap Steel Guitarist"

Franklin

Post  Posted 14 Oct 2017 6:59 am    

steve takacs wrote:
Paul,
Excuse my ignorance, but will we be able to copy the streaming videos for reference at a later date? I'm a slow learner who needs to frequenty go over a lesson.

Hi Steve- The Paul Franklin Method Team here, posting on Paul's behalf.

The videos are hosted on a server that you can access 24/7 and watch them over and over on any device with an internet connection. The video player even allows you to slow things down if you need to, while keeping everything at the same pitch. The TABs and pdf lessons (Music Theory, Nashville Number System) are downloadable, the videos are not.

The course will launch with 90 videos, which Paul will be adding to regularly - in fact we are shooting several hours of more lessons next week! We plan to make this course an on-going pro-active classroom, where students can suggest video topics and we can respond quickly with new content covering what you want to learn. We've designed the course to be as close to a one-on-one lesson with Paul as possible...but one you can review and study at your own pace.

Thanks for your interest, we are all excited to share this project with the pedal steel guitar community!

Jeff Metz Jr.

York, Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2017 8:42 am    

Count me in!

steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2017 10:32 am    

Thanks, Franklin Team; question asked and answered

Two more questions if I may.

1. We as buyers may pick and choose as many or as few of the lessons and not be required purchase all of them . Correct?

2. What will the length of each lesson be in terms of minutes?

I'd like to try one lesson to be certain the government here in China does not block assess as it does to certain sites.

Looking forward to more information on the lessons. stevet

Franklin

Post  Posted 16 Oct 2017 2:38 pm    

Hi Steve- The Paul Franklin Method Team here, posting on Paul's behalf.

The Method is a complete and ongoing course, from "This is a bar" to soloing over Jazz changes on the C6th neck and beyond. Upon purchase, all lessons are viewable at all times for all subscribers, provided you have an internet connection that allows you to reach our site.

Videos vary in length based on the topic being discussed.

If you watched the bonus video on the Announcement page, that video lives on the same server as the actual course. If your viewing experience was glitch-free and uncensored, you should be fine.

We're finishing up the various legal details of the site now, should be launching very soon.

Thanks again for your interest, we hope you join our inaugural class!

The Paul Franklin Method Team

steve takacs wrote:
Thanks, Franklin Team; question asked and answered

Two more questions if I may.

1. We as buyers may pick and choose as many or as few of the lessons and not be required purchase all of them . Correct?

2. What will the length of each lesson be in terms of minutes?

I'd like to try one lesson to be certain the government here in China does not block assess as it does to certain sites.

Looking forward to more information on the lessons. stevet

Mike Archer

church hill tn
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2017 4:40 pm     question

since I don't have a good enough computer to use

your on line lessons will they be available in the dvd

format?

thanks mike

Franklin

Post  Posted 18 Oct 2017 7:27 am     Re: question

Hi Mike- The Paul Franklin Method Team here responding on Paul's behalf.

If you can watch YouTube videos on your computer/mobile phone/tablet, you should be able to watch the lessons in the course.

The Paul Franklin Method is an on-going and interactive classroom with streaming online video lessons. New content will appear regularly based on student input and popular demand. We will launch with 90 videos of lessons and Paul will keep adding to it as he covers more topics and techniques.

Thanks for your interest, hope you can join us!

Mike Archer wrote:
since I don't have a good enough computer to use

your on line lessons will they be available in the dvd

format?

thanks mike

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2017 8:49 am    

Hey Team-- I registered on your site a few days ago. I thought I was supposed to receive an email verification number to use to view a sample lesson but maybe I misunderstood. I did not receive anything -- kept checking my spam catcher.
Could you clarify?
Thanks.

Karen Sarkisian

Boston, MA, USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2017 9:39 am    

registered ! Whoa!

Franklin

Post  Posted 23 Oct 2017 8:46 am    

The Paul Franklin Method Team here, posting on Paul's behalf:

Here's a quick update! The site is almost ready for launch, we're making sure we have every feature working across all platforms and testing all of the site's features.

This weekend we are shooting lots of C6th content and covering even more E9th topics.

In the meantime, we'd like to share this excerpt from the "Intros" lessons, featuring the intro Paul played on Alan Jackson's version of "Farewell Party"... exclusively with forum members!

5511 Ballad

Thanks for your patience!

Jason Dunkle

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2017 8:06 am    

Any word on the price yet?

Last edited by Jason Dunkle on 24 Oct 2017 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total