The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  PayPal question
steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2017 5:16 pm    

Every Forumite should copy and paste this thread somewhere where they constantly be remind of it as it represents years and years of experience fighting the scammers.

Bob Hofnar,
Would you explain this a bit more:
"PayPal protects buyers much more than sellers. I would avoid that transaction."
are you referring to all transactions or this particular example that Darrrell discusses? I can see if a buyer is unhappy with a purchase, Paypal seems to back the buyer. Am incorrect in assuming, both are protected from monetary rip-offs?

Herb and Damir, I had not given much thought to the federal crime aspect of scamming customers using fake US Postal Money Orders. Damir covers the bases on that one for those living in the USA.

I recall a transaction you had, Damir, with some little old lady who committed postal fraud. What every happened to her?

Again thanks all contributors to this thread.
stevet

steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2017 8:25 pm     Ooutstanding thread

Every Forumite should copy and paste this thread somewhere where they constantly be remind of it as it represents years and years of experience fighting the scammers.

Bob Hofnar,
Would you explain this a bit more:
"PayPal protects buyers much more than sellers. I would avoid that transaction."
are you referring to all transactions or this particular example that Darrrell discusses? I can see if a buyer is unhappy with a purchase, Paypal seems to back the buyer. Am incorrect in assuming, both are protected from monetary rip-offs?

Herb and Damir, I had not given much thought to the federal crime aspect of scamming customers using fake US Postal Money Orders. Damir covers the bases on that one for those living in the USA.

I recall a transaction you had, Damir, with some little old lady who committed postal fraud. What every happened to her?

stevet

Bob Hoffnar

Austin, Tx
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2017 10:22 am    

PayPal will sometimes hold a payment in escrow or hold a payment that ends up in an e check form. Mostly I have found them to be helpful and work very well. . It is much easier and cheaper than using banks for international transfers.

Ray Thomas

Goldsboro North Carolina
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2017 6:52 am     Paypal

Been using paypal many years, BACK OFF.
Text rayssteel@gmail.com or email

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2017 10:22 am     Re: Ooutstanding thread

steve takacs wrote:

stevet

Steve, don't restrict the criminality to fake postal money orders. AFAIK, if you use USPS to mail anything fraudulent, such as documents involving bogus investments and money, it's considered postal fraud and is a federal crime.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2017 7:37 am    

Steve, that woman was brought in from Ohio to Tennessee for the court date, not sure if she ended up in jail or not, but she did refund all of my money to me.... that was not considered a mail fraud because I wired the money to her from my bank account to hers, for that she had to give me all of her info, which is why I was convinced it was a legit deal, and because of that she got caught and arrested ... human stupidity never stops to amaze me...