The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Deep South Steel Guitar Show, Gulfport , Ms Nov. 3 & 4
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2017 11:35 am    

Gulfport, Mississippi will again be full of some of the very best steel guitarists and band members of note. VFW Post 4526, 15206 Dedeaux Rd. Please note that the Ramada Inn here in Gulfport has just been sold and will now be the Luxury Inn, same location and all. Room improvements are underway and we still are allowed the rates as before. Phone number is 228 868 8200. Street address is 9415, Hwy 49, I-10 exit 34 South about a quarter mile. Show starts at 5 PM on Friday afternoon and at 11 AM Saturday morning until midnight each day. Food each day by VFW at nominal costs. Honored to have the very best musicians to support the players with Roy Rosetta at the head of this list along with Gene Breeden, Phil Hurley and Corky Tittle covering the drum stand. Stay tuned for additional information very soon about this show. So far, we have 20 steel guitarists of very big notes on the schedule. Will publish the schedule early this coming week and it will include quite a few HOF members, and even the NW Western Swing HOF will be represented. Admission is $15:00 PP and children under 12 free each day.

Jack Goodson

new brockton,alabama (deceased)
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2017 6:21 pm     Gulfport show

Bill, Martha and I will be there both days, might be able to play a little fiddle also....thanks jack

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2017 6:58 pm     Gulfport Steel Show.

Hi Jack, yes, got you down and glad you will have your fiddle in a chair on stage and use it as you wish. Need a fiddle in the band to help us have the real Country music....Thanks

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2017 7:59 am    

Please note that the Ramada Inn in Gulfport is now closed, it has been sold and renovations are under way as of yesterday. The RED ROOF INN, adjacent and just before the Ramada Inn (will be the Luxury Inn when it reopens). You can look up the RED ROOF on the net should you desire. Their phone number is 228 864 7222 to speak to "Gabby" a very nice young lady who is anxious to handle new reservations etc.
I have transferred the player's reservations previously made to the RED ROOF INN. Sorry for this inconvenience. It will work out just fine as the RED ROOF admin and "Gabby" are very glad for this opportunity to serve us in this. Any of you may call Gabby and check to just make sure the reservations are correct etc...Thanks. Our line up of players will be one of the very best too. See you all soon.

Leon Champion

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2017 2:49 pm     show

MR BILL I will be at the show and I need a table. Thanks leon Champion.

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2017 4:10 pm     Steel Show

Got you covered , Leon. Be good to see you.

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2017 1:38 am    

Sure wish that I could make it...it's a little too far!
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 1 Nov 2017 5:24 pm     Steel show

Wish you could too, Stu. take care..

Buck Grantham

Denham Springs, LA. USA
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2017 12:49 pm     Gulfport

Buck and Mitzi will be there by 4 or earlier Friday, eager to play. Thank you Bill Love, Buck and Mitzi Smile Smile

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2017 3:24 am     Gulfport Steel Show

Buck, you and Mitzie light up OUR Steel Guitar World. We are the delighted ones. Thanks, Stay safe and sound and tuned up...

Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 3 Nov 2017 6:29 am    

Brenda and I will be headed that way Saturday morning. I will be bringing that ole Emmons with me. Thanks for allowing me a set Mr. Bill, I appreciate it. Brenda will sing some country standards and we may have a couple of guys from our band coming to play on my set as well, it will a great time. It will be good to see all the great players, Bill Stafford, Buck Grantham, and my buddy R.J. Buras. Maybe I can see if I can steal some runs from Mr. Buck. We are both fans of Buck, but my wife Brenda is Buck Grantham’s biggest fan!!!