The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Kline d10 8 and 5 for sale
Jerry Tillman

Florida
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2017 4:19 am    

Kline d10 with Bill Lawerance pickups.Two tone blue and clear ,sounds great plays great.make offer,pm text email,772 215 7070,thanks Jerry

Steven Black

Gahanna, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 23 Sep 2017 11:29 am     Kline steel guitar question

Hello Jerry, any pictures, how much for guitar? Is it keyless?

steve takacs

beijing, china via pittsburgh (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 Sep 2017 12:44 am    

Jerry, I'd like to,see some photos and get copedant info before making an offer. Is it Formica or wood? Thanks. Steve

steve takacs

Post  Posted 6 Oct 2017 8:26 pm    

Jerry,
Would you send me photos of the Kline using my Forum email address please?
Thanks
Stevet

steve takacs

Post  Posted 12 Oct 2017 10:40 am     Still waiting for info on your Kline

Jerry, are you serious about selling this D-10? If so, please send some photos, let me know if it is wood or formica and kindly add the co-pedant. I have communicated here and using PMs several times but have no heard a word back.

Thank you,
stevet

steve takacs

Post  Posted 12 Oct 2017 7:40 pm    

Steven,
As far as I known all Klines are keyless. stevet

K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2017 2:45 am    

Maybe a phone call?
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.

steve takacs

Post  Posted 13 Oct 2017 8:00 am    

K Maul,

I don't think a phone call explanation would convey more precisely what an instument looks like better than photos written description would.
Also if it were a pedal steel, explaining the copedant over the phone is confusing unless one is writing it down. Still, mistakes could easily be made.

Secondly, if photos are shown on The Forum, a RECORD is there for all interested parties to see until the seller deletes the photos or description as some do once the instrument is sold. For buyers, it certainly saves time and they could also send PMs or call the seller with questions if the photos and written description generate interest.

Thirdly, an informative ad offers the buyer more protection if the description over the phone is way off. Using a phone call, the seller might be exagerrating or the buyer might be expecting too much on the positive side. This also could happen with photos but to a lesser extent.

Let me give you one example of a guitar(simpler to describe than a pedal steel) I had for sale but took of the market.

I don't see how a phone call could inform the buyer more than would a photos and written description.

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=308077&highlight=benson

SteveT

K Maul

Hadley, NY/Hobe Sound, FL
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2017 8:13 am    

I understand,but I think maybe Jerry just isn't a 'computer guy' and talking directly would be a step beyond where we are right now. I see only VERY sporadic postings from him with long gaps between them. He did leave his number.
Kevin Maul: Airline, Beard, Clinesmith, Decophonic, Evans, Excel, Fender, Fluger, Gibson, Hilton, Ibanez, Justice, K+K, Live Strings, MOYO, National, Oahu, Peterson, Quilter, Rickenbacher, Sho~Bud, Supro, TC, Ultimate, VHT, Webb, X-otic, Yamaha, ZKing.

steve takacs

Post  Posted 13 Oct 2017 8:30 am    

You are correct about him perhaps not being a "computer guy" but for a buyer to spend several thousand dollars on a guitar and not get some hard visual and written information prior to committing to a purchase is too much to ask, at least for me. I don't know how other members would feel about it.

The copedant, serial number or any history, if it were known, would have been helpful to have and would not have required computer skills.

Also, perhaps, he could get someone to help him upload photos or go to a computer store and pay a small fee for someone to do it.

Evidently, he knows how to upload pictures according to this Forum ad:

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=2155775&highlight=#2155775

Steve T

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2017 8:53 am    

Had this happen to me once. Item was listed for sale and to this very day haven't gotten a reply from email, PM or a phone message. Absolutely no excuse for this type action. I bought a guitar from Jerry several years back and had no trouble so don't understand why you not getting replays.

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.

steve takacs

Post  Posted 1 Nov 2017 1:13 am    

Henry, maybe he has been ill. In which case, perhaps he can get someone top post that for him and close the thread. Stevet