The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Bought another Zoom MS50g
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2017 3:08 pm    

I liked the Big Muff patch in my Zoom and use it a lot with one of my bands. Looked into buying a Big Muff pedal, wow a lot of money for one effect unit. With the Zoom I get about 100 effects for $100 and they all are very useable in different applications.

So I am going to drop it on the floor next to my A pedal and toggle back and forth when needed, no muss no fuss and much less expensive and have a backup if for some reason the first one bites the dust.

Got to love Amazon, and with free shipping in 2 days life will be great at this coming weekend gig.

Phone: 971-219-8533

Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2017 6:25 pm    

I hear ya, Larry. About a week after I bought my first MS50G, I was so impressed that I bought 2 more at a Guitar Center sale. One for my steel, one for my Country Gent, and now one for my Strat (just bought my first one).

I know, I know (I can hear the groans from here)...all the effect copies aren't perfect copies of the originals, BUT most are incredibly useful...and THAT's of great value to me.

Darvin Willhoite

Roxton, Tx. USA
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2017 6:34 pm    

Zoom has got it together on affordable effects nowadays. I use a G5 for electric guitar, an A3 for acoustic guitar, a G3 for steel, and keep an MS100 around in case I need some distortion. When I use it, I patch it between the guitar and volume pedal. The G3 has an XLR output which comes in handy. For one of my rigs, I use the XLR out into a Stewart PA100B power amp, and it sounds great.
MSA Millennium, Legend, and Studio Pro, Reese's restored Universal Direction guitar, as well as some older MSAs, several amps, new and old, and a Kemper Powerhead that I am really liking. Recently added a Zum D10, a Mullen RP, and a restored blue Rose, named the "Blue Bird" to the herd. Also, I have acquired and restored the plexiglass D10 MSA Classic again that was built as a demo in the early '70s. I also added a '74 lacquer P/P, with wood necks.

Scott Duckworth

Etowah, TN Western Foothills of the Smokies
Post  Posted 3 Oct 2017 2:52 am    

Guys, there is an update for those pedals on the Zoom website, and they now have an editor that runs on Win 7 and above.

I may, in fact, be nuts. However, I am screwed onto the right bolt... Jesus!