The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Zoom MS-50G New Effects
Ollin Landers

Willow Springs, NC
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2017 6:39 am    

I have two and use them for both Tele and PSG. It's not a Benado Steel Dream but it gets the job done.

Don't know if I'm the last one to the party but here is some info in case like me you missed it.

I updated the firmware to V3.0 a long time ago and have not messed with it until a few days ago. There is now an "Effects Manager" that can be used to customize the list of effects. You can remove the ones you don't use to make building effect chains easier. And it includes some new effects that you can't get in the original V3.0 update.

New effects include some based on Eventide, TC electronics, Strymon etc...

Take a look at the list and the effects listed with a blue star are only available if you use the "Manager" to add them.

Effects List https://www.zoom-na.com/sites/default/files/products/downloads/pdfs/E_MS-50G_FX-list_v3.pdf

Some of these take a lot of processing power so they have to be used as separate effects or chained with those that only require a minimal processing load.

Here is the Zoom MS-50G web page for the manager, V3.0 update etc... https://www.zoom-na.com/products/guitar-bass-effects/multistomp/zoom-ms-50g-multistomp-guitar-pedal#downloads

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted. W.C. Fields

Ron Hogan

Nashville, TN, usa
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2017 6:56 am    

Ollin,
I recently got the 70 and really like it for traveling light vs. Bringing my rack. Really high quality effects.

I can imagine the 50 is fine too. This is what i did for mine.

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=321336

Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2017 8:40 am    

Thanks for the heads up on this, Olin. Can't wait to try some of those new additions. I'll be updating all 3 of my MS50g pedals! Ha, ha!

robert kramer

Nashville TN
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2017 9:25 am    

I have the Zoom MS 100-BT and the Zoom 75 CDR. With either one of those- a Black Box or Red Box and a NV-112 I squeeze in and out of a tight space. With the Zoom Multi-Stomps you can get an idea of what the Lexicon - Strymon - Line Six high dollar boxes do. Also - you can adjust pre-delay on some of the reverbs - and modulations on the delays.

One thing I can't figure out is chorus for steel. I've been through all the chorus programs and I've also programmed the Pitch setting for 7 cents up and down. I'm just not getting it. If anybody would like to share their Multistomp chorus program - I'm all ears.

Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2017 7:55 am    

A couple of mounting pics:

Phone: 971-219-8533

Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2017 1:12 pm    

OK, Larry, you got my attention. I like the looks of that setup. Now, where's the details about the stand/clamp gadget. I see it has "On Stage Stands" parts, but what else is needed to make one.

Ya can't leave us hangin'. Come on, spill the beans, Larry. Razz Wink

Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2017 1:59 pm    

CM01 for the clamp and MSA9508 for the stand all on Amazon. I attached a piece of plastic to the back with industrial Velcro and tapped it with 1/4-20 thread.

Phone: 971-219-8533

Allan Haley

British Columbia, Canada
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2017 8:06 pm    

Thanks Ollin. My 50G has been used as a tuner for the past year. I'll check the new upgrades and maybe bring it back into service. Nice little catch-all pedal.
Al

Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Sep 2017 10:12 am    

Thanks much, Larry.