INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Three Notes Walk into a Bar
Dan Robinson

Colorado, USA
Post Posted 11 Sep 2017 6:58 pm     Reply with quote

C, E-flat, and G go into a bar. The bartender says, "Sorry, but we don't serve minors." So E-flat leaves, and C and G have an open fifth between them. After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished, and G is out flat. F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough. D comes in and heads for the bathroom, saying, "Excuse me, I'll just be a second." Then A comes in, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. After a short pause the bartender notices B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and says, "Get out! You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight." E-flat comes back the next night in a three-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender says, "You're looking sharp tonight. Come on in, this could be a major development." Sure enough, E-flat takes off his suit, his shoes, and everything else, and discovers he is a natural. Eventually C sobers up and realizes, in horror, that he's under a rest. C is brought to trial, found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 years of D.S. at al Coda. He was never released, and wound up on the staff.
Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post Posted 12 Sep 2017 9:25 pm     Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't understand exactly what you have presented.Can you please tab it for me?

Colorado, USA
Post Posted 13 Sep 2017 8:13 pm     Reply with quote

Ray Jenkins wrote:
Sorry, I don't understand exactly what you have presented.Can you please tab it for me?

Sorry, Ray, but we have no staff available to do that Rolling Eyes