The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Stolen Dekley S 14 U Red.
Bruce Blackburn

Nashville, Tennessee
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2017 4:53 am    

I had a Dekley S14U that is red in color that was stolen out of my garage.

I am hoping that someone on here has seen it. I live in southern Ohio.

As you might expect this guitar is custom built and has some aspects that weren't standard.

IF you see it, please contact me. This is a one of a kind guitar, custom built for my uncle that has since passed, so needless to say this guitar holds some sentimental value.

Thanks for reading.

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2017 6:37 am    

I am sorry to hear about your troubles my friend, but you know that who ever stole it must be a complete idiot, because I played over 400 different steel guitars, and never even seen a picture of 14 string Dekley, it is so rare.... go to a police station and file a report, check around your local pawn shops and tell them about the guitar being stolen, and place some ads on your local Craig's List as well, and I'm almost 100 % certain you will get your guitar back.... 14 string Dekley will stick out anywhere, especially a red one....

Jim Smith

Midlothian, TX, USA
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2017 3:33 pm    

Bruce, as you may or may not know, I was the plant manager, one of the designers, and final assembler at Dekley from their inception until November, 1980. Unless one was built after I left the company, I don't remember building a 14 string Dekley. Regardless, I am sorry for your loss and would love to see some pictures of it, if for no other reason than to satisfy my curiosity and sanity.

Leo Grassl

Madison TN
Post  Posted 11 Sep 2017 6:18 pm    

Sorry to hear about the theft of your Dekley. As Damir said it will surely stick out being Red and 14 strings. If it gets posted anywhere the cat will be out of the bag.

Kevin Swan

Medina, Ohio
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2017 5:50 am     Ohio

I'm in the opposite corner of Ohio and myself play a Sierra 14. I'll try to get the word out. There's just such a small market segment of those of us playing ""fourteeners," this could be a very hard thing to sell.

And just as a reminder: Take a few minutes and photograph every single instrument, amp and so on that you own, for insurance purposes, but also for the possibility of theft. While I've never had anything stolen (yet!) I know SO many people who have had their instruments "grow legs" and walk away. With a good paper trail of ownership we just might be able to put some of these scoundrels behind bars.

J R Rose

Keota, Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2017 7:03 am    

I am still looking for this one, serial #14895. I have more explicit words for a low life thief. J.R. Rose