The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  60's Emmons SG-10 for sale Sold Pending Payment
Larry Beem

Iowa, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2017 5:28 am    

All,

I am wondering if there would be any interest in this guitar. I just got it a few months ago and here is what I know. It laid under a bed for 15 years in the case, and I only had to tune one pedal, and then only one string once I put new strings on it. It plays and stay's in tune very well, in fact as good as any. The original Emmons volume pedal is with it and works as it should.
The fret board is chipped, and if I were to keep it, I would look for a replacement. Also the electronics have been removed. As I understand it, most people take those out anyway.
It is in the original case that is in pretty fair condition, no big tears or gouges.
I am at my day job and have no pics at the moment, but can supply them if requested.
Also I am not real sure of the value of this guitar. So please feel free to make an offer. Its rosewood as many were. under the changer it is stamped D-10, so I'm sure it is the same as its big brothers, tell you the truth, it does not lack for tone one bit, I just don't play it, and I feel there is a beginner, of hopefully a very young person that would benefit from this ax.
It has 3 floors and 3 knees. 2 knees were added, but done right, all function as they should. Emmons setup.
Call if you would like, or text 515-446-0996, leave me a message if I don't answer its because my hands are full of work.....haha

Last edited by Larry Beem on 14 Sep 2017 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Jack Goodson

new brockton,alabama (deceased)
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2017 6:03 am     Photos?

Larry, I would like to see photos....thanks jack