The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Show Pro Pick-Nick: Jeff and Gloria Surratt
Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 4 Sep 2017 9:17 pm    

A super shout out to Jeff and Gloria Surratt for hosting yet another great event. Dixie and I had such an enjoyable time visiting with some great players and great friends.

As I was talking to Robby Turner tonight, we agreed that the community of steel players and fans of the steel guitar are some of the best in the world.

Always great to see Bill Ferguson, Randy Beavers, Ray Hunt and the rest of the gang. It is always a refreshing sight to see each one of you.

To Lloyd Green: A man whose talents never cease to amaze us. Much peace and happiness to you for giving us the years of comprehensive contributions of the instrument.

Charley and Dixie!

Dale McPherson

Morristown, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 5 Sep 2017 3:17 am    

Awesome show. Thanks Jeff & Gloria.

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2017 2:46 am     Re: Show Pro Pick-Nick: Jeff and Gloria Surratt

Charley Hill wrote:
A super shout out to Jeff and Gloria Surratt for hosting yet another great event. Dixie and I had such an enjoyable time visiting with some great players and great friends.

As I was talking to Robby Turner tonight, we agreed that the community of steel players and fans of the steel guitar are some of the best in the world.

Always great to see Bill Ferguson, Randy Beavers, Ray Hunt and the rest of the gang. It is always a refreshing sight to see each one of you.

To Lloyd Green: A man whose talents never cease to amaze us. Much peace and happiness to you for giving us the years of comprehensive contributions of the instrument.

Charley and Dixie!

Amen to your words Charley. Lloyd's appearance and performance was just wonderful. He was playing through an amp that was alien to him, but the tone that came through the speaker was pure Lloyd. He is a remarkable person, with so many folks wanting to talk with him or have a photo opportunity with him. He finds time for everyone, and he has this knack of making people think that they have known him all of their lives. He is a gem, and we in the steel guitar community must always treasure him.

After spending breakfast with him and you Charley, I realised what a brilliant raconteur he is with that remarkable memory recall of his. Very Happy

And +1 for your shout out to Jeff and Gloria who worked like Trojans to make sure that their even went smoothly. Two of life's beautiful people.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Ronald Sikes

Corsicana, Tx
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2017 8:08 am    

I know this had to be a fun day. I wanted to come this year but just couldn't work it out. I'll have to catch up with you guys at the Dallas show in March.
Who else showed up ? Was Eddie Dunlap, or Rusty Danmeyer there?
Show Pro #26 & #83,BJS bars,Stereo Steel,Tommy Huff cabs loaded with JBL D130's, Wampler pedals,NV112,NV400, Steelers Choice Seats

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2017 2:32 pm    

Rusty played, yes. He did great as did Robbie Turner. Lloyd was special though.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2017 3:49 pm    

Ken,

It was great seeing you there. It is always a pleasure to spend time with a cool dude as yourself.

It would have been perfect with the additions of Malcom there, too.

Dallas?

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 8 Sep 2017 5:45 pm    

Don't know Charley. It would take something to top the Show Pro 'Pick~Nic' event. There was something just magical about the day.

Malcolm has publicly stated that he won't come to the USA all the time that Trump is in power. Ludicrous. Our love of the instrument is bigger than politics. I spent some of today in the company of one of my greatest friends, Mr Buck Reid. Every day of my stay here has been an absolute pleasure and the people of this great country of yours are just magnificent!