INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Clinesmith S8/Zumsteel Stage One
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post Posted 7 Sep 2017 3:51 pm     Reply with quote

Dont know if this should be in the pedal or non/pedal section of the forum ! I was inspired by someone on the forum that showed a picture of their pedal and non-pedal combo. So,,,,using the pad from Don Blood, I lowered it to accommodate my Clinesmith S8 from Todd, of course, then used the A/B switch from Jerry Overstreet, and came up with combo as shown. I havent used it out anywhere yet, but I think it will be perfect for those jams where I want the pedal sound sometimes but I want to have the non-pedal sound as well (tuned to A6th). So I dont NEED to buy a D10 now. The neat thing about it is that most of this is from forum members and sharing their talents and workmanship. What should I call this...my Zumsmith or my Clinezum ?? You guys know that I am a wing-nut as Fred Justice likes to call me Smile

Zum Stage One, 1956 Rickenbacker D8 console, Melbert S8, 1976 Ibanez L5, Gretsch 6122-1959, Telonics pedal, Taylor 214 CE, Squire Tele, Recording King Banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp
Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post Posted 7 Sep 2017 4:38 pm     Reply with quote

Fine concept. Great looking rig Larry. I'm quite sure you'll add much to the gigs and performances of your group[s].

Thank you for including me in your project and mentioning my product. I'm proud and thrilled to have helped you realize your objective.

Wishin' you many happy hours playing music and the steel guitar.
G Strout

Carabelle, Florida
Post Posted 7 Sep 2017 5:08 pm     Reply with quote

Nice!! Practical and functional. Good work. I guess I should contact Don Blood ....I need a pad just like that for my Marlen S-10. I often go between a standard E9 and A6.... The "non" pedal sound is getting much more popular on many of the gigs that I do.