The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  10 Years With The Same G2.
Tyler Hall

Mt. Juliet, TN
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2017 10:35 pm    

Something occurred to me the other day. I ordered my first G2 ten years ago, Labor Day weekend. I really liked the guitar after a little period of warming up to it. I liked it so well I ordered another one just like it a few months later.

10 years down the road and I'm still using those same two guitars. They've been in 49 states and 8 different countries. God only knows how many hours of playing time those guitars have acquired since I got them. They've made a living for me, been rained on, handled by airlines, seen many a smoky bar and spent many a night under a bus.

So, here's what occurred to me. After 10 years of being cared for but earning their keep, I haven't had a single instance where either guitar has let me down. 10 years in and I haven't had to replace a single part because of wear and tear. Honestly, after thousands of hours of playing, the guitars sound and play better now than they did 10 years ago.

I was laughing thinking to myself how when these guitars came out, the topic usually drifted to how the bent crosshafts would never work. I tend to believe if there was a weak point in these guitars, I would have found it by now. I take care of my guitars and they've taken care of me. Any time I step on stage I know the guitar is gonna perform flawlessly whether the player does or not.

Is Mullen the guitar for everyone? No. That's why there's so many builders out there. But as a guy that depends on an instrument to put food on my table, there's not another guitar on the market that I'd rather sit behind.

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2017 4:52 am    

Great words from a Pro Player. I've had mine 8 years, and same results. No problems of any kind, except it don't sound like Tylers guitars????

Tyler Hall

Mt. Juliet, TN
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2017 8:49 am    

That's great, Larry. I wouldn't wish my tone on anyone.

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2017 11:00 am    

Tyler--Clarification.. I wish my G2 did sound like yours. My playing kinda sucks.

Greg Lambert

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2017 12:48 pm    

I have had my Derby D10 for close to 20 years and its still sounds and plays great. I have had to replace a couple of tuning keys and a few minor adjustments. Other than that its been a great guitar.

John Roche

England
Post  Posted 3 Sep 2017 11:03 pm    

I had a shobud super pro for 40 years, played almost every night , never had a problem with, I believe its still going strong...