The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Misrepresented Steels Online
Alex Johnson

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2017 9:21 pm    

Over the past few months I have seen more and more steels for sale on several major auction websites that are being represented as something that they aren't, most likely to deceive the consumer. Most of the time they look to be home or garage built guitars (which may be very well made for all I know) that have had a Sho~Bud or MSA logo added and are being represented as legitimate. I know most of you forumites out there can spot something like this from a mile away but there are just as many new players who aren't as experienced that fall victim to this sort of thing. I guess my point is if it says Sho~Bud or Carter or MSA or any big name for that matter but it doesn't look like any model you have ever seen you'd best be wary. I don't think the builders are to blame it's most likely what the people that end up with them do with them that is the problem and I find it quite shameful. The steel community has been great to me and my friends and I hate to see this type of thing going on. My 2 cents.