The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Deluxe 34 Double neck stand for my JB frypan & Clinesmith
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2017 12:37 pm    

Just today I got my double neck attachment for my Deluxe34 stand to use with my S8 Clinesmith and S8 JB Frypan.
great workmanship...they look great and give good support to my two steels. Thanks to Mark for his workmanship on this !

Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2017 1:33 pm    

I'm a big fan of Deluxe34 stands. I have two with the double brackets and am considering ordering a third.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2017 2:04 pm    

Jack,those are very cool pictures ! How do you handle going from one steel to another...do you have a switch that you can toggle to go between them ? The reason I ask is thats what I am looking for. Thanks for any suggestions.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2017 2:27 pm    

Larry Lenhart wrote:
How do you handle going from one steel to another...do you have a switch that you can toggle to go between them ?

The relatively inexpensive Morley ABY box works well for me. Morley has been making them for years and there's almost always a few on eBay at any given time. I usually run an old Sho-Bud volume pedal between the ABY and the amp(s). The ABY is partially visible between the Weiss and the B6, and the VP is to the right of the Ric in the photo below:

Mark Roeder

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2017 11:28 am    

Jack
How is the stability with 3 legs on the side by side stand?

Jack Hanson

San Luis Valley, USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2017 5:08 pm    

Mark Roeder wrote:
Jack
How is the stability with 3 legs on the side by side stand?

Some may prefer the more solid foundation that four legs would provide, but the triple legged setup works fine for me. It's quite stable, not top heavy in the least with a pair of Gibsons. Twin Bakelites may be another issue altogether. As an added bonus, there's enough built in "wobble" to really enhance one's vibrato.