The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  San Antonio SGA - donations of CDs for our Sep 17 event
Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 11 Aug 2017 11:55 am    

Fellow steel guitar players,

My name is Ben Price and I am one of the organizers of the San Antonio Steel Guitar Association. Each year, we hold an event to raise money for The Warrior and Family Support Center here at Fort Sam Houston in San Antonio. Last year we were able to donate $7,000 to this worthy cause. This year, the event will be held on Sep 17th at The Blue Bonnet Palace in Selma, TX from noon until 7:00. We feature local bands and special guest stars, food plates, raffles, auctions, etc. with ALL proceeds going to the Warrior and Family Support Center. All staff and performers are volunteers. Admission is free and all are welcome. We extend a special invitation to all active or ex-military and their families.

We are in the process of ordering t-shirts to sell at the event. To make the deal sweeter, we would like to offer a CD to each person who purchases a t-shirt. If you, or someone you know, has CDs to donate, we would love to hear from you. Obviously, CDs that feature the steel guitar are preferred, but beggars can't be choosers, so any and all donations would be appreciated. As we are associated with the American Legion, we can provide a 501(c)(19) tax receipt.

I appreciate you considering our request.

Ben Price, organizer - San Antonio Steel Guitar Association
11026 Shetland Hills
San Antonio, TX 78254
james_ben_price@hotmail.com
www.facebook.com/satxsga

www.bamc.amedd.army.mil/military/wfsc/ (Warrior and Family Support Center)

(L to R) Kenny Piper, Judith Markelz - Program Director at the Warrior and Family Support Center, Ben Price

Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 13 Aug 2017 7:57 pm    

I've had a couple of people ask about the donation of CDs. We were initially thinking of steel players who made a CD and have a box or two left over. So if that's you and you'd like to donate a box, we would love to have them. But, if you wish to donate ANY CDs, we'd be glad to have those as well. Lastly, we will have both a silent and regular auction at our "Family Fest", so whatever you care to donate, we will put it to good use. Contact me if you have further questions.

As mentioned earlier, ALL monies raised go directly to The Warrior and Family Support Center at Fort Sam Houston. All staff and performers are volunteers.

If you're in the area on Sunday Sep 17th, please stop by The Blue Bonnet Palace in Selma, TX (free admission) and ask for me (Ben Price).

Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 20 Aug 2017 6:25 pm    

We're still hoping to find steel players willing to donate CDs for the upcoming San Antonio Steel Guitar Association - 2017 Family Fest. We can provide a 501(c)(19) tax receipt for any donation.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,

Ben Price, organizer
11026 Shetland Hills
San Antonio, TX 78254
www.facebook.com/satxsga

Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 21 Aug 2017 4:25 pm    

So far, we have received donations of CDs and other material from the following:
- The Steel Guitar Forum
- Charlie Paterno

Thank you.

Your contributions will go directly to support the Warrior and Family Support Center at Fort Sam Houston here in San Antonio.

The 2017 San Antonio Steel Guitar Association Family Fest is on Sunday, September 17th at The Blue Bonnet Palace in Selma, TX. All are welcome. Admission is free. Donations of any type are graciously accepted. We can also issue tax receipts if requested. If you have any questions, please contact me.

Ben Price
San Antonio Steel Guitar Association
www.facebook.com/satxsga