The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  ** Roland Vs-2480** 24 Trk Recorder(sold pending)
Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2013 8:50 am    

I'm putting my Roland Vs-2480 up for sale because I'm using a computer based DAW now which is really no better than this Roland. This is a pristine unit with every option that can be added. It has been in my smoke free home since I bought it about 8 years ago. It has 3 VS-2 effect cards and one VS-3 which are really hard to find. It also has installed on it, Antares auto-tune. The board has the option of working with a monitor and a mouse and keyboard which makes it really easy. (monitor not included)

It also comes with a almost new VS Song-Vault 2480 burner which is a must for mastering on this machine. I've done about 3 album projects on this and they came out awesome. This board will do anything you are capable of knowing how to do in recording. It has 16 motorized faders, 8 XLR inputs with 16 1/4 inch inputs. 16 tracks at once with 24 tracks in all. You can Google this board and find out more info. Comes with a brand new 120 Gig hard drive that will store more tracks than you can do in a lifetime. This is the ultimate stand alone recorder that only needs powered speakers and you are ready to record. You can use headphones also.

There is also a VS-2480 Forum where the guys have a wealth of info if needed. I have the manual around somewhere if I can find it but they are available on the internet. Price is reduced from $1800 to $1200 and I'll ship in lower 48 states. I think I still have original box.

D-10 Magnum, 8 &5, dark rose color
D-10 1974 Emmons cut tail, fat back,rosewood, 8&5
Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.

Last edited by Henry Matthews on 20 Aug 2017 4:29 pm; edited 6 times in total

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 27 Oct 2013 3:15 pm    

$1200, last price drop. These are selling on EBay for anywhere from around $1000 to $1800 or so but not with the extras this board has. This is a top notch recording studio in its self including the song vault CD and DVD recorder and 4 effects cards. Thanks for looking

Nashville 112 amp, Fishman Loudbox Performer amp, Hilton pedal, Goodrich pedal,BJS bar, Kyser picks, Live steel Strings. No effects, doodads or stomp boxes.

Last edited by Henry Matthews on 22 Jul 2014 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Scott Denniston

Hahns Peak, Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2013 6:25 am    

These are in my opinion one of two of the finest all-in-one box recording studios ever developed. (The other being the Akai DPS24). Henry, I think you should change the title to this ad to "24 Track Recording Studio". You have it listed as a 16 track. If someone is willing to work with this unit and really learn it they can produce unrivaled tracks with it. It's a pro unit only limited by the operator's skill. No need to add any fx boxes either. It has them all & they are excellent.

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2013 7:33 am    

Thanks Scott, you are absolutly correct.I'll change that to 24. I was only limited using this unit for what I didn't know. Lots of options that are think are better in ways than the DAW (Studio One) that I'm currently using. For a home studio, with It's small foot print, they are excellent and would be even for a small Pro studio B type setup.
Thanks--Henry

Georg Sørtun

Mandal, Agder, Norway
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2013 8:26 am    

Is that the VS-2480HD model?

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 28 Oct 2013 10:54 am    

I believe it is George. The VS-2480CD had a built in disk writer and this one has outboard writer. This one is a VS-2480 HD meaning Hard Drive I guess.

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2013 7:38 am    

Bump

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2013 2:19 pm    

Bump
These 2480's are top notch for home and small profession studios. Any reasonable offer considered. Just drop me a PM or Email--Thanks--Henry

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 20 Nov 2013 2:28 pm    

TTT

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 21 Jul 2014 5:56 am    

Bumping this back to top.
This mixer is in pristine shape and does a great job recording and really not that hard to use. Small learning curve. I never even looked at directions and did a good recording.
This mixer is also loaded with 4 effect cards plus Antares pitch corrector.This will bring a vocal right on the money.

Last edited by Henry Matthews on 25 Aug 2014 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2014 7:57 am    

TTT

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2014 10:35 am    

TTT once again

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2014 6:22 am    

Still for sale. This is one of, if not the best all in one recorders made. It's in perfect shape and has been nowhere except my smoke free home for the last 8 or ten years. I've done two country albums from this machine that I think came out as good as a $100,000 dollar studio. I've got books and manuals for it too.

It also comes with the serial port Sound Vault CD writer that is new.

Kevin Raymer

Chalybeate, Kentucky, USA
Post  Posted 25 Aug 2014 6:41 am    

I had one of these units 5-6 years ago.

I gave almost $4000 for mine back then.

These are fine units and I actually prefer them to a DAW.

There is also a very active community around the roland VS recorders online and some pretty nifty after market stuff available.

If I didn't already have a VS-1880 and VS-880EX I'd be all over this deal.

Bump for a great recorder.

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2014 8:47 am    

TTT

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2016 7:54 am    

Still have this awesome recording unit. $1200 final price. It has over $800 worth of options on it and works perfect.

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 30 Aug 2016 12:09 pm    

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2016 7:32 pm    

TTT, for some body needing a home studio, this is a better than great rig. With a 30 gig hard drive, it can store and mix many hours of 16 or 24 track recordings.

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 10 Aug 2017 7:53 am    

Bumping this to top again. I can't begin to tell you how great of a recorder this is. It actually does a better job than my DAW but DAW is little more convienient so I need to sell this. Just taking up space in my music room.
Someone make me a reasonable offer. Read info above, all sorts of extras on this machine.

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 14 Aug 2017 10:38 pm    

Bump once more, make offer, too good a rig just to sit on desk.

Leroy Golden

Muskegon, Michigan, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2017 7:15 pm     Roland Vs2480

E-mail sent

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2017 6:36 am    

Sent you email Leroy

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2017 8:44 am    

If I didn't just order a new guitar, this would be mine. I've always wanted one of these because of the monitor option. I had a Korg D3200 when I had my home recording school.

Henry Matthews

Texarkana, Ark USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2017 11:13 am    

Yes Richard, these are really nice boards with good preamps and all. Little of a learning curve but I was able to record when first turned it on. Effects a little tricky but once you learn how to use them, pretty straight forward. A 30 gig hard drive will record 100's of hours of recordings. Hate to sell really but I use Studio One now what little stuff I do. Haven't turned it on in a year, lol. I think the Roland does a better job though. Think I gave like $2000 for it when I bought it plus it has those extra effects cards and also auto tune. Auto tune works great on anything with a single note or vocals. If I sang, I would sure need it, lol.