The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  '79 Sho-Bud
Bobby Nelson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2017 12:11 am    

I found this 79 Sho-bud. Anyone have any advice? I was planning to buy new but this seems aweful nice. I hope the pic comes through - right now I just see a lot of text.

Dan Beller-McKenna

Durham, New Hampshire, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2017 2:37 am    

Sho Bud Super Pro A great guitar, assuming everything is in good working order. It is missing one of the knee levers it came with, which could indicate the part that attaches them broke, a general issue with this model. That would explain why the seller has replaced that part on the other five knee levers as stated in the add. The missing knee is a third one for the C6 neck, not a big issue if you don't yet play that neck. However, the same cheap aluminum, can cause issues with the changer. Replacement parts for the changer are harder to come by, although there are a couple of fixes for those parts.

I own a 1981 Super pro, which is by far my favorite of my three steels. Great tone, easy to make changes to the pedal and knee lever set up, easy playing. Beautifully aged yellow inlay against the red finish.

Bobby Nelson

North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2017 2:36 pm    

Thanks Dan. I fell for it with one look and,.. it is a Sho-Bud! - I had a cat named Sho-Bud 30 yrs ago. BUT! I have a 78 Shovelhead that I've owned for going on 3 decades and I dearly love that, this last rebuild has been a *&%##$%^&* nightmare for 13 yrs now, and has kind of soured me on the classics - I get mad every time I think about it haha - it stays in my garage now so I don't have a stroke or something. So, I'm probably going to stick to my original plan and buy new. Thanks again.