The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Mud Stand now holds larger amps. Nashville 400 etc...
Kermit Monk

Greeneville, TN
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2017 10:50 am    

We have many players using the Mud Stand for their Nashville 112, but we have had lots of requests, for a stand, that will hold the larger steel amps with 15" speakers. So we modified our design to hold some of these bigger amps, such as the Nashville 400 and Sesssion 400.

The Mud Stand will now hold amps up to 21" tall and 70 lbs. Just measure your amp to be sure. The easiest way to get one is order from the website mudstand.com The website will take all major credit cards, Pay Pal and Apple Pay. Be sure and mention you are a forum member. We will make a donation, to the forum, for every Mud Stand purchased by a forum member.

Thanks to the members who have already ordered one!

Kermit

ZB Custom SD-11 (4 & 7)
Mullen SD-11 (4 & 7)

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2017 11:14 am    

I assume this will work well with my Telonics TCA-500C (37.3 pounds)? This amp and a few others I've used before are not compatible with my stock amp stand due to the design of the back. I just noticed on your web site that the Mud Stand pieces are magnetically linked!

http://www.gregcutshaw.com/Telonics%20Amp/Telonics%20Amp.html

[/url]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Kermit Monk

Greeneville, TN
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2017 11:43 am    

Greg,

I think the Mud Stand will work great with that amp and you won't even need the mop handle! What are the dimensions of your amp?

Also, yes, the Mud Stand does have an internal, magnetic locking system to hold the three pieces in a compact block for easy carrying. See photo. The magnets are not used when the stand is setup though. The three pieces mechanically lock together to hold your amp stable. It sets up and tears down in seconds.

ZB Custom SD-11 (4 & 7)
Mullen SD-11 (4 & 7)

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2017 12:22 pm    

Dimensions within 1/4" showing the speaker back cutout, left dimension is 24.3":

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Kermit Monk

Greeneville, TN
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2017 1:01 pm    

Greg,

Your amp is technically too tall for the Mud Stand, but because it has that back panel for the rear supports to land on, I think it will work fine. Especially, since the amp is so light weight anyway.

If you want to try one, you have 14 days to return it....if for some reason it doesn't suit you.

Kermit

ZB Custom SD-11 (4 & 7)
Mullen SD-11 (4 & 7)

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 15 Aug 2017 2:34 pm    

OK, let me chew on it! The Telonics is about as tall as the Fender Steel King (with casters):

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2017 11:51 am    

OK, I'm in! Just ordered one and it will be nice to give the Telonics a home in the air.

Kermit Monk

Greeneville, TN
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2017 5:45 pm    

Greg,

Thanks for the order. USPS shows your Mud Stand should have been delivered today.

That Telonics amp is really tall. I hope it works with the Mud Stand. If not, we will take it back no problem.

Nice collection of amps you have!

Kermit

ZB Custom SD-11 (4 & 7)
Mullen SD-11 (4 & 7)