INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Infinity ?
Karen Sarkisian

Boston, MA, USA
Post Posted 15 Aug 2017 4:04 am     Reply with quote

Still not available ? I'd love to try one out, hear nothing but good things about them especially from Emmons push pull fans. Oh Well

Spicewood TX 78669
Post Posted 15 Aug 2017 4:41 am     Reply with quote

Karen
When you come over for a visit, you can play my Infinity to your heart's content. Scott Martin lives here in Spicewood also and he has an Infinity as well. I think we have the only two in the Austin area, AFAIK.
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Karen Sarkisian

Boston, MA, USA
Post Posted 15 Aug 2017 4:42 am     Reply with quote

awesome thanks Herb. got my flight booked for the end of sept. the 21st I think. Looking forward to it !

Spicewood TX 78669
Post Posted 15 Aug 2017 4:50 am     Reply with quote

As an extra bonus for driving out here to the lake, you can also try one of my wraparounds. Wink
My rig: Infinity and Telonics.

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?
Mike Scaggs

Nashville, TN
Post Posted 15 Aug 2017 4:53 am     Reply with quote

Karen,

I have to say that my Infinity D-10 is the best steel guitar I have ever owned. Tone and play-ability is unsurpassed to me.

I have owned:

Franklin D-10
Thomas D-10
Emmons p/p and Legrande D-10s
Sho-Bud super Pro D-10
Mullen G2 D-10
JCH D-10
MSA-Older ones S-12 and D-10
Sierra D-10

The Infinity smokes em all IMHO...

Cheers,
Mike

Infinity D-10 9x8, 73 Emmons P/P Lacquer/Metal neck D10, Telonics TCA-500c & Pedal, NV400, 64 Twin (JBLs) Visit my website www.p2pamps.com
Karen Sarkisian

Boston, MA, USA
Post Posted 15 Aug 2017 5:00 am     Reply with quote

I wish he was still making them. Crying or Very sad

Nashville, TN
Post Posted 15 Aug 2017 5:06 am     Reply with quote

Karen Sarkisian wrote:
I wish he was still making them. Mike have you ever played a Rittenberry ? that is also on my short list.

I have played Wayne Dahl's Rittenberry and it is a fine machine no doubt. If I were to buy a Ritt it would be a Prestige model.

Frank Carter and I have talked at length about his guitars too. We both agree that an Infinity's sound is somewhere between a Push Pull and a Franklin, best of both worlds.

Infinity D-10 9x8, 73 Emmons P/P Lacquer/Metal neck D10, Telonics TCA-500c & Pedal, NV400, 64 Twin (JBLs) Visit my website www.p2pamps.com
Karen Sarkisian

Boston, MA, USA
Post Posted 15 Aug 2017 5:08 am     Reply with quote

Mike Scaggs wrote:
Karen Sarkisian wrote:
I wish he was still making them. Mike have you ever played a Rittenberry ? that is also on my short list.

I have played Wayne Dahl's Rittenberry and it is a fine machine no doubt. If I were to buy a Ritt it would be a Prestige model.

thank you. I also like the prestige. apparently Gary is building a new S-10 model based on the Prestige.

Nashville, TN
Post Posted 15 Aug 2017 5:10 am     Reply with quote

Karen Sarkisian wrote:
Mike Scaggs wrote:
Karen Sarkisian wrote:

thank you. I also like the prestige. apparently Gary is building a new S-10 model based on the Prestige.

Gary is one good guy and great builder. You can't go wrong with a Ritt IMHO

Karen Sarkisian

Boston, MA, USA
Post Posted 15 Aug 2017 5:11 am     Reply with quote

yeah I think I may buy one. I love my emmons but am frustrated with it at the moment and its heavy to haul around to gigs.

Nashville, TN
Post Posted 15 Aug 2017 5:21 am     Reply with quote

Karen Sarkisian wrote:
yeah I think I may buy one. I love my emmons but am frustrated with it at the moment and its heavy to haul around to gigs.

Those ole P/Ps are great Karen and are not all that hard to work on once you understand them. If I can do it anyone can! However, a great all pull guitar does afford you more options and a more complicated copedant is certainly easier.