The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Maurice Anderson recordings on lap steel ?
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2017 5:51 pm    

It seems to me many years ago, I had purchased a cassette tape of Maurice playing steel guitar hits on the lap steel, and I think that was the title of the recording. I cant even recall one song on the recording, but I think there were quite a few tunes on it. I have looked thru all of my old cassettes and cant find it. I would have probably purchased this at the TSGA booth in Dallas or thru Charlie Norris Music. Am I making this up, or did he make such a recording ?
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Scott Thomas

Post  Posted 3 Aug 2017 6:43 pm    

I have a CD by Reece called "Steel Play'n Texas Swing" featuring instrumental versions of Western Swing tunes played by Reece on a 12 string lap steel. If that is the one you are thinking of, it's not your imagination!

Stefan Robertson

Hertfordshire, UK
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2017 12:44 am    

Woah. Can I get a copy. One of my heroes. PLEEEEASE
E13#9/F secrets: https://thelapsteelguitarist.wordpress.com

"Give it up for The Lap Steel Guitarist"

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2017 5:52 am    

thats probably the one I am thinking of...I will keep looking in my collections...if I cant find it, perhaps I can order that in cd format somewhere on line.
Thanks, perhaps I am not totally loosing it ! Smile or Sad
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Jouni Karvonen

Helsinki, Finland
Post  Posted 4 Aug 2017 7:28 am    

If any of the CD owners would be 'mensch' enough to make a mp3 or what ever downloadable copy of that, it could be sold maybe through Forum. And profits to Anderson estate. Just hoping.