The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Quilter Steelaire Pro WOW!
Patrick McHenry

PNW
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2017 9:19 am    

Just wanted to post about my new Steelaire. I freakin' love this thing!

Full disclosure, I've been playing through a Fender Blues Jr for the last 6 years, getting by really... till it pooped out the other day and start squelching and hissing like a possessed raven. I was on the hunt for a new amp. I'm no electrician. BTW selling a used blues junior! hit me up.

So I found one for sale online and I bought it! I've never owned a SS amp before, played a few that were incredibly dissatisfying, but never had a need for one till the PSG came along.

I just wanted to say I love this thing. Incredibly bright and clear tones when you want 'em. Lots of umph and power, I can be heard over the drummer at every gig so far. Lots of control over the tone. I can actually FEEL that 15" speaker in my chest when I hit a few lower notes. It just sings right through a mix.

I've played my tele/strat through it a few times and same thing. SO MUCH CONTROL. Endless possibilities there.

Also did I mention it doesn't kill your back to lift. The leather handle feels so good in the hand, I could carry it no problem down a few blocks! (which I've had to do in Austin a few times) Smile

I haven't taken the head out yet and used it in my studio but I'm excited to do this with some projects coming up soon.

I will post an unboxing vid and few demos later on YT with me playing the amp so any body can take a listen if you're looking to buy one. I had my doubts but they have all be vanquished by this killer amp.

Great job Pat and Quilter team.

-PMC

Email: patrickwmchenry@gmail.com

Greg Cutshaw

Corry, PA, USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2017 9:59 am    

http://www.gregcutshaw.com/Quilter%20Steelaire%20Pro/Quilter%20Steelaire%20Pro.html

This is a pretty good amp and we have a lot of choices in steel amps and steel compatible amps nowadays. I look forward to your review. I have moved on from this amp to others for various reasons but I am always interested in other people's review of amps! It's almost impossible to go into one room or better yet onto one stage and try all the amps that are available to us. This makes purchasing a high dollar steel amp based on someone else's (mine included) opinion a frustrating process.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Patrick McHenry

PNW
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2017 11:04 am    

thanks Greg your review was something I reviewed before I bought mine! very informative, thank you! thank you! thank you!

Email: patrickwmchenry@gmail.com