The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Fender T8 Custom is a joy to play
Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2017 2:41 pm    

Just got this a few weeks ago, and I must say it has a wonderful tone to it...different than my T8 Stringmaster and my Rickenbacker console...It is very mellow to my ears and has a really full sound ! I am lovin' it ! Smile

Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Last edited by Larry Lenhart on 3 Aug 2017 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

C. E. Jackson

Post  Posted 12 Jul 2017 3:29 pm    

Larry,

A beautiful instrument. You will really enjoy this steel.
I have a Fender Dual 8 Professional: c. 1948, and
enjoy the great tone of the trapezoid-shaped pickups.

C. E. Smile
A6 tuning for steels

Andy DePaule

Saigon, Viet Nam & Springfield, Oregon
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2017 10:15 am     Re: Fender T8 Custom arrived today :)

Larry Lenhart wrote:
Just got this today, and I must say it has a wonderful tone to it...different than my T8 Stringmaster and my Rickenbacker console...It is very mellow to my ears and has a really full sound ! I am lovin' it ! Smile

Congratulations Larry,
I just got a Duel 8 Walnut two weeks ago in a trade, I felt the same way about the tone. Think mine is about a 52 or 53, but won't know for sure until some time when I remove the pans.
Couldn't stop playing mine until last Saturday when I got the Clinesmith JM model.

I put the A6th and C Diatonic on my Fender. Got a real kick out of that Diatonic, but on good advise from a friend switch that neck to the E13th. That is also a ball.
I'd be playing it more now if not for the Clinesmith lap steel.

But aside from the Clinesmith, I'd never played a non pedal that I liked better than the Fender Duel 8. Know you'll be playing it a lot. Don't forget to kiss the wife now and then if you have one! Very Happy
Magnatone Jeweltone Series Lap Steel, Circa 1950? 6 String with F#minor7th Tuning.
1956 Dewey Kendrick D-8 4&3, Restoration Project.
1973 Sho~Bud Green SD-10 4&5 PSG, Restoration Project.

Larry Lenhart

Ponca City, Oklahoma
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2017 4:05 pm    

I am really liking this steel a lot ! I use mostly the A6th tuning and am enjoying the tone that it delivers...it seems mellow to my ears and I am enjoying the scale also.
Zum Encore, Remington D8 non pedal, Hallmark Mosrite clone, Gretsch 6120 DSW, Gretsch G5210T-P90 Electromatic Jet Two 90,1976 Ibanez L5, Eastman archtop, Taylor Dreadnaught, Telonics pedal, Squire Tele, Squire Strat, Fender Tonemaster, Gold Tone 5 string banjo, Little Wonder tenor banjo, 3 Roland cubes 30s and 80, Carvin combo bass amp

Will Houston

Tempe, Az
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2017 4:38 pm    

Nice one Larry, I had a double 8, love those trapezoids.