The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thank You Mickey Adams
Marty Broussard

Broussard, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2017 9:55 am    

Mickey agreed to fill-in for me on 2 shows with Tracy while I took vacation this past weekend. He stepped up and Tracy and the guys were happy with his playing and social skills.

Thank you Mickey for living up to what I told the guys you are.

Best regards,

"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin

Mickey Adams

Bandera Texas
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2017 3:18 pm    

Anytime Marty...:=)..I made some really cool new friends...
Anderson, Buscarino, Fender, Roman Guitars, Sarno Octal, Revelation Preamps, BJS BARS, Lots of Blackface Fenders!

Dan Robinson

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2017 7:51 pm    

I almost didn't post this. It's not like I'm pretending to be pals with yoo two pro players. I don't personally know either one of you ( maybe someday).

It takes something extra to do what you guys just did. I mean it's a specialized skill, not just playing steel at this level, but meshing with the band, musically, personally, and doing it on short notice. Mickey, big time respect for what you did.

Marty, that required a lot of trust from you. Yeah, from Tracy and the band, too. But you were the one on vacation.

I don't play music to feed my family, but I know a lot of those "tongue in cheek" things about the music business are true. It's awesome that two pedal steel guitar players just proved there are exceptions.

Dale Foreman

Crowley Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2017 8:33 pm     Marty and Mickey

Dan Robinson wrote:
I almost didn't post this. It's not like I'm pretending to be pals with yoo two pro players. I don't personally know either one of you ( maybe someday).

It takes something extra to do what you guys just did. I mean it's a specialized skill, not just playing steel at this level, but meshing with the band, musically, personally, and doing it on short notice. Mickey, big time respect for what you did.

Marty, that required a lot of trust from you. Yeah, from Tracy and the band, too. But you were the one on vacation.

It happens a lot more than you think! Steel Players are like no other group of people in the world!!

I don't play music to feed my family, but I know a lot of those "tongue in cheek" things about the music business are true. It's awesome that two pedal steel guitar players just proved there are exceptions.

Dan Robinson

Colorado, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2017 9:10 pm     Re: Marty and Mickey

Dale Foreman wrote:
It happens a lot more than you think! Steel Players are like no other group of people in the world!!

Dale, I agree, they are like no other group of people in the world!

I'm reminded of it often, and try not to take it for granted. Each experience is another reason to be hopeful about the future of steel guitar. It's in our hands. I'm optimistic!

Marty Broussard

Broussard, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2017 11:20 pm    

Dan,
Thanks for your post.

Just a little extra info, Mickey and I have never met. But based upon my observations I think he's one of the good guys. I contacted him a few months ago because he helps allot of people and I felt he could make more contacts, if he wants to play more. Moreover, I knew he could do it.

Yes, it's a little scary setting out for a weekend but Tracy usually takes the whole month of July off and we had already scheduled our vacation when the 2 new show dates came in. Yes, there's plenty of back stabbing to go around but as I said, I feel good about Mickey AND Tracy's integrity. That stuff is hard to come by in any area of life but they proved that it can still be found.

Take care and best regards,

"Technique is really the elimination of the unnecessary..it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to achieve the smooth flow of energy and intent" Yehudi Menuhin