The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  European built nylong string folk/classical guitar -$70
Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2017 11:46 am    

Vintage 1967 nylon string European built acoustic guitar.. Its branded Espana on the headstock and was built in Finland.. Please Google the name there is a lot of information online about this brand guitar.. These were very well built, and very highly regarded guitars, and the Finnish guitar company that built this one is still in business today.. Espana guitars were built in Sweden by Albin Hagstrom until 1966,and then production was shifted to Landola Guitars in Finland in 1967, this is one of those early guitars. Landola still builds guitars in Finland and they are highly regarded, and used by a lot of big names in Europe.

Guitar plays like butter, with super low soft action.. VERY easy playing and light and easy on the fingers... Looks like a brand new guitar except for a 4 inch grain crack in the top that was professionally repaired, and is 100 % stable, and not an issue... Solid spruce top, gorgeous Mahogany back and sides.. All solid wood, NOT laminated.. this was not a cheapie... Guitar plays and looks great, in wonderful condition,has a great sound,, really barks out nice and loud and full...
Really nice deal for a great playing, great looking 50 year old acoustic,, This would be a special instrument for a beginner or student that wants something different, instead of a cheap Chinese built guitar that would be double the price and a quarter the quality.. Comes with a case, and is ready to play WELL for another 50 years... Come have a look, and play as long as you like if you are close by,,, If there is any serious interest, i will take some pictures... bob

do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

no gear list for me.. you don't have the time......

Mitch Ellis

Collins, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2017 5:46 pm    

Bob,
I can't commit to buying the guitar, but I am interested. I have a few dreadnought guitars but not a classical. Is it similar in size and shape to a N20? (Willie Nelson's guitar) I would like to see photo's of the guitar if it wouldn't be too much trouble. Thank you.

Mitch

Charlie McDonald

out of the blue
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2017 3:54 am    

I would also like to see a couple of photos.
Just to make sure, is the $70 price correct?

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2017 9:11 am    

Charlie McDonald wrote:
I would also like to see a couple of photos.
Just to make sure, is the $70 price correct?

Charlie.. yes correct. $70 + shipping..
I buy these old guitars at yard sales for peanuts, and refurbish them, new strings, dress frets, adjust the truss rods, cut nut slots, bridge inserts etc, fix pickups/wiring etc, and just pass them on.. I am not making any real money on any of them.. I am retired, don't need any more money over what I already have. I have been blessed with what I have.. Its just a hobby of mine and has been for years.. If I buy low, I sell low.. If I buy high... well,,I DON'T buy high. I buy real affordable, cool old stuff and pass it on cheap.. believe me, this is a NICE Euro crafted guitar. No plywood, nice solid spruce top, and super figured solid Mahogany back and sides ..
except for the repaired crack, it looks and plays like a brand new guitar.. I will try and get some pictures up this week... bob

Last edited by Bob Carlucci on 23 Jul 2017 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Charlie McDonald

out of the blue
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2017 12:18 pm    

No hurry.

I'm sure we all need another guitar. Neutral

Alan Berdoulay

Post  Posted 24 Jul 2017 6:43 am    

Hi Bob. I bought your last espana. If I'm not stepping on anyone's toes,,,,,,, I'll take this one too.

Charlie McDonald

out of the blue
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2017 8:00 am    

I'd be happy to step aside for someone looking at a known quantity, Alan.

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2017 8:12 am    

Alan Berdoulay wrote:
Hi Bob. I bought your last espana. If I'm not stepping on anyone's toes,,,,,,, I'll take this one too.

Alan.. I am glad you know about these guitars.. The quality is as good as anything Europe was building back in the 60's, and better than many.. they just aren't well know here, and aren't an easy sell.. if it was one with a Hagstrom or Hofner label, it would be worth 4 times as much.
Its yours if you want it,-would you like a picture or two before committing??.. Aside from the repaired grain crack, its about as close to mint as a 50 year old acoustic can be, Looks as though it were never played,, bob

Mitch Ellis

Collins, Mississippi USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2017 9:44 am    

Mitch Ellis wrote:
Bob,
I can't commit to buying the guitar, but I am interested. I have a few dreadnought guitars but not a classical. Is it similar in size and shape to a N20? (Willie Nelson's guitar) I would like to see photo's of the guitar if it wouldn't be too much trouble. Thank you.

Mitch

Bob,
I'm still interested if Alan changes his mind, but would still like to see a few photos first. Thank you.

Mitch

Alan Berdoulay

Post  Posted 24 Jul 2017 12:54 pm    

Yes Bob, I'm in. A pic would be nice, but I trust ya.

Alan Berdoulay

Post  Posted 25 Jul 2017 2:12 am    

PM sent

Bob Carlucci

Candor, New York, USA
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2017 5:35 am    

Pics.. The white marks are just flash glare.. Guitar is spotless other than the repaired crack which is plainly visible in the close up.. Check out the figuring in the mahogany back... bob