The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Looking for Richard Burton's tab to "Farwell Party"
Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2017 6:13 am    

Hi all....I can't remember the gentleman's name who does the instruction for farwell party on you tube, username is something like sbenzian....Anyway he was talking about Richards tab to the song and I can't find it. I have looked through the old pages but I must have missed it.

Carl Kilmer

East Central, Illinois
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2017 6:28 am    

Here ya' go Jim. Parts 1, 2 and 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2CTt3c8bOc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnuMow9E7hY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_e9cE0w3v0

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2017 6:29 am    

Thanks Carl! I love the instruction videos on you tube but I have ADD I guess cause it sometimes doesn't move quick.enough for me! SI me times too fast. I am.subscribed to.tgis gentleman's channel, do you know where I csn find the tab?

richard burton

Britain
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2017 1:16 am    

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=144598&

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2017 4:57 am    

Thanks Richard!

Ben Rubright

Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2017 8:05 am    

Richard:

If I remember correctly, some years ago you did a John Hughey tribute medley. If I am correct (I have not been able to find it again), did you ever tab it?

richard burton

Britain
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2017 10:59 am    

If I remember correctly, I did three tunes in the medley, but only have one tabbed out, 'Kindly Keep It Country'

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=145028

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 23 Jul 2017 4:49 pm    

Richard I love your tab sounds great to me. I have a question though...on yhe first note looks like Lloyd was at fret 1 which if I'm not mistaken would be strings 4&5 with A pedal&F lever, then goes to fret 3 with A pedal, and then to fret 5. I know it's the same notes but that's what it looks like his hand is doing. I'm new so I'm wondering does it make a difference or is just personal preference. It's easier for me to play it how you tabbed it, just looks like he starts at the 1st fret.....thoughts?

richard burton

Britain
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2017 12:49 pm    

You are probably correct, as Lloyd does not lower the 4th string.
However, I tabbed it to suit my copedent, so it will probably not be suitable for a lot of players.

The notes are there, they're just in different places to where Lloyd played them Very Happy

Jim Morris

Cincinnati Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2017 12:53 pm    

Absolutely the notes are there. And yeah from what I've read, Lloyd doesn't lower the 4th cause he had trouble with it coming back flat I think.
Yeah your version fits my (basic student model) copedent just fine....I was just wondering if it is a personal preference thing, seein the only difference would be a a small glissando. Not knocking your tab by any means, just a curious newbie. Hope you didn't take me wrong buddy cause I appreciate what you have done.