The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  2007 Fishook Black Walnut Squareneck Reso - SOLD
Brent Libhart

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jul 2017 5:28 pm    

Hi All,

A sad day has come here, but I have decided to put my 2007 Fishook LRG-body walnut reso up for sale.  She has been a great companion over the years, but with a new baby coming toward the end of this year and a slight case of GAS, something has to go to make room.  Players that I have talked to in the past about this particular know how much it means to me and for years it was the standard to which I compared all other guitars.  In the recent past, I have found another guitar that suits my taste and playing a little better these days, so unfortunately, here we are...
This is an early example of JD Myer's craftsmanship.  It features all solid black walnut construction in one of JD's "first generation" LRG bodies before he moved on to the more "Scheerhorn-esque" L-body size closer to what a lot of the other builders base their guitars on today.  I don't have the exact measurements for a dreadnaught on me right now, but I do believe that it is based off that body.  It is quite a bit deeper than my L-body Appalachian and my B & B and also has a wider upper bout than either of the other two.  This makes for a lot of volume and I would believe would be the cause of the boomy low end this Fishook has.  For all the low end it has, the mid range is clean and warm and the treble end is powerful and clear.  It cuts very well being a walnut guitar and should hold its own in any jam or band situation.  The body and neck are bound in ivoroid.  The neck is a three piece walnut with a koa strip in the center.  It also features an ebony fretboard and peghead overlay with abalone fret markers and logo.  As far as the hardware, I had JD put the Planet Waves Auto-Trim tuners and a Beard fan coverplate and screenless rings.  It was originally built with a Quarterman cone, but has since been set up with a Scheerhorn and then a Beard Legend cone which, to my ear, sounds the best in this guitar. 
For it's age, this guitar is in what I would call very good to excellent condition.  It does have some buckle rash on the side and some dings and scratches in the top, but nothing that went through the finish.  I plan on selling it with the Access Stage 5 case that JD sent it to me in, but I also have the Price custom fiberglass case by Gary Price that I had made with a tracing of this guitar.  The Price case fits like a glove and offers as much protection as a Calton or Hoffee, I would expect.  I am asking $2200 for the Fishook and the Access case and if you would like the Price case, I will sell that with the guitar for $2800 plus shipping.  I would like this guitar to go to a good home, but I am in no rush to send it on its way.  As such, the price is pretty firm, but I am willing to entertain any serious offers.  Thanks for looking and feel free to contact me for more information and/or photos.
Here is a link to the Price case I had up for sale by itself:
http://www.reso-nation.org/classifieds/brent-libhart/price-streamline-fiberglass-reso-case-final-price-drop

Brent Libhart

Pennsylvania, USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2017 8:45 am    

Sold the Fishook through another avenue. Please close - thanks for looking!