The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Biab wav imploring to pro tools
Jeremy Drawbaugh

scottsboro, al usa
Post  Posted 15 Jul 2017 6:42 pm    

My question is saving a biab track to a wav file how do you get each instrument track from biab into pro tools in its on track and they be synced together so that when you send off to be mixed each instrument can be mixed or is saving a biab track as a wav just a single wav file and have to get levels right before transferring into pro tools

I have some tracks built but a buddy of mine is gonna do the engineering for me and I'll have to get my tracks into his pro tools?
BOSS DD-3 BOSS CHORUS EFFECT
NEUBAR REVERB
NASHVILLE 112/400
TELONICS VOLUME PEDAL
STEELER'S CHOICE PAK-A-SEAT

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2017 3:58 am    

not hard...

obviously save your BIAB wav tracks ( files) to a folder maybe call it IMPORT or BIAB.

This is given it's the same PC as the DAW, if not, create a folder ON the Pro Tools PC, place those files in that folder.

Create a Pro Tools session, you do not need to create any tracks for the BIAB files, Pro Tools knows what to do.

Once the session is created, under FILE, go to IMPORT

Find the folder with your BIAB tracks add them to the list, use current location. Add them.

the Pro Tools session will automatically add each of the BIAB tracks to the session. If you didn't request BIAB to make mono tracks they will import as stereo.

You will have to rename them and should you want to make them MONO tracks you will have to do that manually by using the Pro Tools drop down track menu. Select the track to be converted to mono, select the split to mono option under the track menu. You will end up with 3 tracks, two mono and one stereo, delete the stereo and one mono. What you have remaining is ONE mono track. remember to pan it where you like as it will probably be 100 % one side or the other.

One thing that I have witnessed with several DAW's, not just Pro Tools, and it may be a Windows thing, when importing files into Pro Tools, it really wants the files to be resident on the DAW PC, not from a memory stick location. Keep in mind, the Pro Tools session, behind the scenes remembers and keeps track of everything.

It's an easy process and the BIAB wav files are compatible with most if not ALL DAW's.

good luck

t

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Jeremy Drawbaugh

scottsboro, al usa
Post  Posted 16 Jul 2017 12:49 pm    

So I may should know this already do I have to save each instrument individually to a wave file if so how do I do that.
I have them save as a wav but I think it's the whole band as a combo.

Tony Prior

Charlotte NC
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2017 1:02 am    

IN BIAB , that will be done automatically, thats a BIAB function . When you select the WAV ICON the screen will ask several questions. Each instrument which is not muted will create it's own BIAB wav track and there will also be a ONE WAV file track with ALL the instruments. If you set each instrument level and panning to your liking, maybe thats all you need.

Point the saved wav files to a folder of your choice or keep track of where they are being saved.

IF you are not familiar with BIAB operations,

go here first http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewforum.php?f=27

Start with the BIAB section, the folks over there are very helpful as well.

CURRENT MUSIC TRACKS AT > https://tprior2241.wixsite.com/website

Jeremy Drawbaugh

scottsboro, al usa
Post  Posted 17 Jul 2017 5:22 am    

Thanks for the info!!!!
That's what I needed!
I'll experiment with it!!!

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2017 8:23 am    

With Presonus Studio One, it's a simple process. You just drag and drop the BIAB files into the song. S1 creates the individual tracks and they retain the name from BIAB...i.e. drums, piano, etc... I do it all the time. Same for MIDI files. Love my Studio One.

I'm sure it's simple and quick to do in Protools also, especially for experienced users.

RC

Jeremy Drawbaugh

scottsboro, al usa
Post  Posted 18 Jul 2017 1:03 pm    

Thanks guys for the info. I played with it last night and finally figured out have to get all that done.
The issue I have is I don't have my own home studio yet so I'm goin to a friends studio to record and wanna use some of the rhythm and add to it.
I am researching and studying right now and am aiming to get my gear in place as soon as possible