The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  John Heinrich's "Elements" album
Tom Bradshaw

Walnut Creek, California, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jul 2017 7:29 am    

I recently submitted a review of John Heinrich's "Elements" album to several steel clubs for publication in their newsletters. I enjoyed the album very much. I suspect that Forum members will too. ...Tom

The Review:

Fanaticize that YOU have reached exceptional professional competency and have been hired by a top-tier orchestra, as is the case with this album’s sidemen accompaniment. You're on tour and are performing for a crowd of music critics bent on challenging you and your band's facility for playing anything requested. "Bring it on" you tell yourself, being filled with confidence as you welcome the requests. You’re immediately challenged by the first request. It's for the 1940's swing-tune classic, "Heavenly Blues." You think, "Who in this crowd remembers that great big-band tune?" You decide not to hog the brass section’s classic opening delivery, but wait for your opportunity to provide a single-string riff that dazzles the listeners. The challenges continue as the requests range from old-style Country, up through Jazz, Blues and even a request for a Classical tune. In your fantasy you provide some dramatic musical phrasings for your delivery. Each selection offers you the chance to provide polished lead and fill work, at times sensitive, then provocative but dramatic for each of this 10-tune set. You're aglow with your astonishing performance, demonstrating the steel's versatility as well as your own.

You awake from your fantasy, realizing that you had closed your eyes while listing to John Henrich's work on this album. You then realize that it's real and delivered from the hands of a super player. You will surely wonder, "Will I ever be that good?"

The album's 10 tunes:
Heavenly Blues – Genre: Big Band Swing, but with a Jazz bent.
God Bless The Child – Jazz, but with some strong R & B.
Night in Tunisia & Lady Bird (medley) – Jazzy Bebop.
Take Five – Jazz of the '60s.
Yackety Steel – Old-style Country
A Minor Incident - Jazz
Etude for Steel Guitar – Hip Classical
Steel Flute-age – European Jazz
Pride – Traditional Country
Somewhere Between – Traditional Country

Available from:
John Heinrich
2416 Music Valley Dr., Suite 133
Nashville, TN 37214
$15.00 (domestic shipping included). Send check or money order (or send PayPal payment to John Heinrich at johnsteelsax@aol.com).

John Heinrich

Whites Creek, TN, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2017 4:35 pm     Thanks a million for the kind words!

Tom,

Wow! what can I say my friend! I am glad you liked the "ELEMENTS" Steel Guitar CD project and as soon as I have my new Steel Guitar CD project done I will send that to you as well. Most of the material on "ELEMENTS" was played on my double and single neck EXCEL steels, which both are awesome! I would have played a couple of songs on my 14 string universal tuning EXCEL but I didn't get it but a few years back and the "ELEMENTS" Steel Guitar CD project was recorded in Gene Breedens studio here in Nashville in 1999 - 2000. I had one selection that was recorded in 1978 in Lexington, KY entitled "A Minor Incident" and another selection that is a Classical piece I wrote while in Germany in 1981 entitled "Etude For Steel Guitar," It sure helped when you sent the info out to Steelers around the world as I have sold many copies!

Just got in this morning from Oxford, AL with Ronnie Milsap and saw this!

All the best Tom and thank you again!
Single 10 2008 EXCEL "My Money Maker"
Single neck universal 14 string EXCEL
Dobro, Saxophone, Oboe, English Horn, Flute, Horn Sections, Lap Steel
615/828-1182 cell

Peggy Davis

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2017 5:51 pm     Elements Review -John Hentich

John,
What a glorious review! As I have always said, "Your The Man"! Rather Steel, Saxophone, Dobro any instruments you play-you kill it with greatness. That CD is awesome! I have witness this over the years when your on stage with Ronnie Milsap and the crowd goes wild when you play. Afterwards not only do they speak about Roonie, they speak of "You" Mr. John Heinrich!
This includes other Cd's you have recorded on with other musicians. I feel blessed to know you as a Great Musician and a Great Friend!!
Congratulations on this amazing review!!!
Look forward to the next! Best Wishes!
Sincerely,
Peggy Penny Davis
Texas

Gene Breeden

Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2017 12:44 pm    

Good review John, it has been a while since you cut that project in my studio when we were at the UA Tower on 17th in Nashville here. Any visitors here to this thread please check out my Studio page on Facebook, the link is below.

Keep it Country!

gbreeden2015@gmail.com
https://www.facebook.com/genebreeden
https://www.facebook.com/genesplacestudio/
http://www.reverbnation.com/genebreeden
http://www.myspace.com/gbreedenstudios