The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dylan's Nashville Recordings panel - live: 7/15/17 2 pm CST
robert kramer

Nashville TN
Post  Posted 13 Jul 2017 9:48 am    

On July 15 @ 2:00 pm CST, The Country Music Hall of Fame will stream live a panel discussion: “Is It Rolling, Bob?”: Bob Dylan’s Nashville Recordings Revisited." The panel will include Charlie McCoy, Wayne Moss and Princeton history professor Sean Wilentz, (author of the critically acclaimed study "Bob Dylan in America"). Pete Finney (co-curator of the Dylan / Cash and the Nashville Cats exhibit currently running at the Hall of Fame) will moderate:

http://countrymusichalloffame.org/calendar/event/panel-discussion-is-it-rolling-bob-bob-dylans-nashville-recordings-revisite#.WWevQ4TyvIU

Bob Bestor

Ashland, OR
Post  Posted 19 Jul 2017 6:36 am    

This is now available on demand here:

http://countrymusichalloffame.org/programs/special-programs#.WW9uCNPyu1s

Steve Hinson

Hendersonville Tn USA
Post  Posted 22 Jul 2017 9:28 am    

Bob,I was down there all day Wednesday sound checking and doing the Charles Esten show and never saw your smiling face once...a first...

I always have more fun at the CMHOF if I'm fortunate enough to run into you...

Maybe next time!

Steve

Brand X

robert kramer

Nashville TN
Post  Posted 25 Jul 2017 10:23 am    

Hey Steve - just saw your reply. You're always welcome. Ask for me at Security next time. Also - I have amps here if you're caught short.

We've been fortunate to have many steel players like yourself perform and/or interview here and also participate in our instrument demo program. Also - we've had several steel players on our staff. We're helping out with the Wednesday, August 16th "Dylan / Cash and the Nashville Cats Music City Roots Show at the Factory in Franklin, TN featuring: Lloyd Green - Jay Dee Maness - Tracy Nelson - Jon Randall - Charlie Worsham which will be streamed live on the Music City Roots website.

That's enough P.R. --- Here's a Stonewall story: Wall & Juanita nicknamed everybody. His nickname (and backhanded compliment) for Ray Price was "Bad Penny" (like a penny you can't get out of your shoe) Stonewall said every time he would leave out and get to a package show it seems like Ray Price would always show up "like a bad penny."