The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lesmann Tube Amps
Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2017 8:18 am    

Does anyone have schematics for these amps? I think they were predominately made for accordion/organ instruments during the late 50's - early 60's. The circuitry is very cleanly organized and manufactured. The input is mic level and would have to be modified for instrument level. I found minimal info on the internet. The power amp is mounted in the bottom of the cabinet and powered by two 6L6's. The tube preamp is mounted at the top of the cabinet and harness connected to the power amp. It powers a 15 inch speaker. Any info is appreciated.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Bob Lawrence

Beaver Bank, Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2017 8:39 am    

For this Amp?

https://reverb.com/item/994148-vintage-1960-lesmann-accordio-organ-25w-1x15-tube-combo-amp-tweed-killer
Franklin D10, Telonics (E9)True Tone(C6) pickups, Fender Steel King , Evans (FET 500LV), Nashville 400, Quilter MicroBlock 45 amp's, Telonics FP100 volume pedal, PodXT(effects only), Boss RV3(delay & reverb),Steel Guitar Black Box,Bill Lawrence cables, Walker Seat,Peterson Flip Tuner, IVL Steel Rider, IK Multimedia IRig Pro DUO for recording.

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 11 Jul 2017 9:16 am    

The one I have is taller and has a spatter paint finish on the cabinet. I don't see a model number on it. The accordion input is on the underside of the preamp. The top has a mic input, but from what I've read, they are both mic input level.
The one shown in your photo has the preamp and power amp mounted in the top of the amp.
1976 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics 427 pickup, 1975 Birdseye U-12 MSA with Telonics X-12 pickup, Boss 59 Fender pedal for preamp, NDR-5 Atlantic Delay & Reverb, two Quilter 201 amps, 2- 12" Eminence EPS-12C speakers, ShoBud Pedal, 1949 Epiphone D-8. Revelation preamp into a Crown XLS 1002 power amp.

Dennis Detweiler

Solon, Iowa, US
Post  Posted 12 Jul 2017 6:21 am    

The small amount of info on the internet claims that the circuitry is similar to the Fender Pro Amp. The electronic parts look to be of high quality. The amp has been in a closet for many years, but I don't want to power it up until I test the tubes and caps. It has five 12AX7 tubes in the preamp. Caps are American Condenser and Sprague.