The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Wayne Hutchinson
Ken Hoyt

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2017 5:51 pm    

We were saddened to hear of the great loss of Wayne Hutchinson this past Friday, June 30, 2017. We counted him as a dear friend and a talented singer and guitar player. He will be sorely missed. Our hearts are gladdened though to know that he is with his Saviour, having finished his race Our prayers for the family that they will have comfort in their hearts as they grieve this loss.

Jerry Horner

Tahlequah, OK, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2017 3:27 am    

Thanks Ken for posting about Wayne. As you know Wayne and I played together for many years. I had just called him 2 weeks ago and knew then he was not doing well but had no idea we were this close to losing him. I thank God for having him as a friend these many past years. He was one of the good guys.

Jerry

Kenny Davis

Great State of Oklahoma
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2017 9:55 pm    

I too had talked with Wayne by phone a few weeks ago. Aside from his memory giving him fits, he sounded good. While we both are from the Oklahoma City area, I never got a chance to play with him until I started attending the OKC area Steel Guitar jams each month. He did a great job selecting good tunes for us to play. He hadn't lost his great musicianship and stage presence he was known for when he had his band. He really loved the Pedal Steel.

About a year ago, I had to get a picture of him sporting a custom shirt he and his band wore while playing the old Westerneer Club in Oklahoma City. I think he was pretty tickled he could still get it to button!

I will sure miss you, old buddy!

Jerry Horner

Tahlequah, OK, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2017 7:49 am     Service For Wayne Hutchison

Wayne's service will be held July 11, 2017 at Sunny Lane Funeral Home Chapel, 4000 SE 29th Street, Dell City, Oklahoma at 2 PM. I hope to see a lot of Wayne's old friends there.

Jerry

Edward Rhea

Medford Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2017 11:15 am    

Oh man...I too met Wayne at the OKC jam. Wayne was a blast to play with and it was a complete and total honor to meet him! He seemed to know every song a pedal steel player would ever care to play...his generosity and giving you room to solo/ride, was unmatched. Godspeed Wayne...

Leroy Wood

Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2017 1:31 pm    

I am shocked by the loss of Hutch. We first met at TAFB many years ago when he came to work in my office in computer programing. We had alot in common because I was a want-to-be pedal steel guitar player, and Hutch was a band leader.

We continued a close friendship thru the Okla City Steel Guitar JAM. Unfortunately we had to close the JAM due to his health and mine also.

Hutch loved Pedal steel guitar and was happy when I could get big time players to come to the JAM. His favorite song was "Together Again".

RIP

Leroy Wood

ken collins

Oklahoma City, OK.
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2017 3:47 pm     Wayne Hutchison

Will sorely miss Wayne. We talked often in the last years. We played many jobs together and were close friends for all that time. My condolences to his wife Bert and his entire family. He was truly a good person and always kind to everyone. RIP. Ken Collins