Kent,England
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2017 7:37 am    

Here this weeks woodshed

https://youtu.be/8EjDJ-JI2rs

Alan

Joe Cook

Lake Osoyoos, WA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2017 2:18 pm    

Nice job Alan! Nice camera and editing as well. I love your tone on that beautiful 12 string Bud. Do you get all in one take,first take? Smile

Alan Cook

Kent,England
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2017 7:05 am    

Hi Joe

Thanks for your reply and kind words. I am recording, learning, playing and filming these by myself all at the same time so I rarely get them in one take. I also split the song into a few sections this one was done in 4 shots, I like to do it like that to make it more visually interesting and I also only have one camera.
I would probably only work one up to a full take performance/recording if I was going to perform it live like steel guitar rag or sleepwalk, but I mainly play back up steel in various original bands so rarly get that opportunity.

I love doing these woodsheds though as every one is like a lesson on steel guitar with new licks and solo ideas every time. I have done 15 so far and intend to do all 58!!!

Alan

Jim Reynolds

Franklin, Pa 16323
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2017 8:09 am    

Alan, this is beautiful. I just wonder how many, seen that you could not only see your bar reflecting from the fret board of you guitar, but your hand too. I was some great camera work. Not sure if you meant to do it, but it was sure nice. I also liked the way you used your lower strings, in place of 4-5-6. Very nice work on the U-12. You need to maybe tab these out for the 12. It is nice work you did. Not sure how difficult it is to do, just a thought. I have a Carter U-12, I do Crazy on it, but nothing like yours. Oh, well, great job.
Zum U-12, Carter SDU-12, Zum Encore, Emmons S-10, Emmons D-10, Nashville 400, Two Peavey Nashville 112, Boss Katana 100, Ibanez DD700, Almost every Lesson Jeff Newman sold. Washburn Special Edition Guitar, Can never have enough, even at 80. 1963 Original Hofner Bass bought in Germany 1963, and a 1973 Framus Bass also bought in Germany 1974.

Alan Cook

Kent,England
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2017 12:26 pm    

Thanks Jim

I also did this version
https://youtu.be/TsnPOKIlx9s

I have them tabbed somewhere.

Alan.