INSTRUCTION STRINGS ACCESSORIES MUSIC LINKS
 Visit Our Catalog at SteelGuitarShopper.com for Steel Guitars, Strings, Instruction, Music and Accessories 
Forum Index
where steel players meet online
The Steel Guitar Forum

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Let The Cat Out Of The Bag
Robert Thomas

Mehama, Oregon, USA
Post Posted 7 Jul 2017 3:06 am     Reply with quote

A farmer and his wife were dressed and ready to go out dancing for the evening with a couple who had just moved in down the road. They turned the answering machine on, put the cat in the back yard and waited on the neighbors to pick them up.

The neighbors arrived but as the couple opened the front door to leave, the cat scooted back into the house. That was a problem because the cat always tried to eat the parakeet. The wife went on out and got into the car while her husband went back inside to get the cat.

The cat ran upstairs with the man in hot pursuit. A little on the paranoid side, the wife didn’t want the new neighbors to know the house would be empty. She explained that her husband would be out soon. “He’s just going upstairs to say good-bye to my mother.”

A few minutes later, the husband got into the car. “Sorry I took so long,” he said as they drove away. “She was hiding under the bed. I had to poke her with a coat hanger to get her to come out. Then I had to wrap her in a blanket to keep her from scratching me while I dragged her downstairs and threw her out into the backyard!”