The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Boss DM2-W is just what the Dr. ordered
Brandon Schafer

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2017 1:23 pm    

I played a Peavey Nashville 1000 for years and used an RV3 for delay and reverb.

A few months ago I picked up a Telonics 2x12" combo. I love its tone and its built in reverb is great. I just couldn't find the right delay to go with it. The RV3 didn't sound that great to me with that amp.

I didn't want something as extravagant as a Strymon, but a step up from my 20 year old RV3. Went to the guitar store and tried this out and I'm just floored by the results!

All this to say, if you only need a delay, put the DM2-W on your list to try out. You might like it as much as I do!

Jerry Overstreet

Louisville Ky
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2017 4:38 pm    

I don't know anything about the current issue, but if it's anything like the old 70's, 80's models DM-2, it would sound terrific.

John McClung

Olympia WA, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2017 6:40 pm    

Is that one of the Waza pedals BOSS now offers? What is it you like so much about it?

Brandon Schafer

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2017 6:32 am    

Jerry, I never owned an original one, but this one has two modes. A "classic" one that's supposed to sound like the original and a "modern" one that has more delay time and sounds more plain to me. I really like the "classic" mode a LOT.

John, I can't put my finger on it exactly, but it seems to have just the right flavor of delay I wish to hear. It is a Waza. It's not delay like on a Pink Floyd album, but it's not exactly tape delay either. It seems very musical and is an enhancement to my tone. I'd rather play without delay if it's not the right sound. But, when it works for me, I have a hard time shutting it off.

Bob Watson

Champaign, Illinois, U.S.
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2017 1:25 am    

I picked one up right when they came out and I really dig it! I don't know if they sound as good as the originals, but they have a nice warm sound that I like quite a bit.