The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  DELETE BOB (duplicate) HUDSON 6 String E9th Steel.
Gloria Baldwin

California, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2017 12:13 pm    

Hello everyone, This is the Hudson 6 string E9th pedal steel. I replaced the legs on this Hudson with 4 beautiful chrome finish legs that cost $175. Will include original legs also. Comes in a nice gig bag. Known for its light weight.
Thank you
Gloria

Last edited by Gloria Baldwin on 5 Aug 2017 6:57 am; edited 194 times in total

G Strout

Carabelle, Florida
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2017 4:55 pm     Hudson

Gloria,
Please check your email.
Gary

Jim Williams

Meridian, Mississippi, USA - Home of Peavey!
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2017 7:03 am    

Gloria, not being nosy, but really am curious...what attracts you to the multi-kord over the pedal steel? Pretty little Hudson, btw.

Gloria Baldwin

California, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2017 7:55 am     Hudson

Hi Jim, I have a G F I ULTRA SP10 4X5 and don't have room and no reason to keep the Hudson now. I need the room for my multi kord. My musician friend of many years loves the multi kord and he is teaching me how it works. I find it fun and easy to play. Something different and not complicated. I don't play out any longer, just at home for my own pleasure. I have several lap steels I don't want any longer and will post them for sale later.
Thank you for asking. I know the E9 pedal steel made the multi kord obsolete quickly but if you have never played one its pretty cool.
Regards,
Gloria

Jim Williams

Post  Posted 29 Jun 2017 10:54 am    

Interesting Gloria...and I'll be watching for your lap steels. Yes, I really wouldn't mind having a multi-kord myself. Never seen one but the idea of multiple tunings on a single neck is interesting, and the folding legs are kind of neat as well. Might be possible to use a pedal or two for common slants as well? I don't know, I've never actually seen one in action. Anyhow, the main thing is as long as you are enjoying yourself, thats what matters. I bought a Hudson six string and received it a few days ago...it's a neat little guitar, but I have the same situation...I have a GFI 10 string and really don't have room for two pedal steels, so I might let mine go as well.

Gloria Baldwin

California, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2017 11:55 am     Hudson

Hi Jim, if you Google HARLIN BROTHERS MULTI KORD you will see VIDEOS on YouTube of people playing them, step by step tuning them, and even using 2 feet on the pedals. Pretty cool. I'm going to put my 7 string Epiphone Electar Zephyr lap steel and maybe my 10 string Eddie Alkire Epiphone lap steel up for sale soon. You cash watch for it. I like to play different songs on different steels. I get bored with the same sound. I idolize DOUG BEAUMIER and love his videos and his music. How many pedals on your 10 string?

Jim Williams

Post  Posted 29 Jun 2017 1:16 pm    

We have something in common then, I basically learned to play C6 with Doug's books. My 10 string is a GFI SM10 with 3 pedals and 4 knee levers. I just bought it about three weeks ago. I have a bunch of lap steels, banjos, mandolins fiddles, guitars, etc. The Hudson 6 string I have is one of his "economy" models that I picked up used. 2 pedals / 1 lever that lowers E's.

Gloria Baldwin

California, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2017 6:55 pm    

Hi Jim, yes we share a love of good music and our instruments. Have fun!!