The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Steeler for Danni Leigh
Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2017 6:51 pm    

On her cut "Honey I Do" who might this steeler be?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6siPnkZd8A

Phone: 971-219-8533

Dave Magram

San Jose, California, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2017 12:40 am    

Hi Larry,

Allmusic.com lists "Steve Hinson...Guitar, Lap Steel Guitar" on that album "A Shot of Whiskey and a Prayer".

-Dave

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 22 Mar 2019 11:20 pm    

Steve is on steel on "Honey I Do" and all other songs Danni recorded. I'm friends with Danni and she told me this. The steel on the song is an Emmons.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2019 6:43 am    

I was just wondering this a couple of days ago. Steve is such an awesome player. One of the greats whose named doesn't come up very often.

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2019 8:55 am    

When Danni performed live in the 90s, Brook Langton played steel with her, playing a JCH D-10 and in 1999 into 2000, Jeff Surratt played steel with her, playing a Marrs D-10(this was before ShowPro started). Danni loves the steel, and on Facebook in 2012, she said, "We need to hear more steel guitar and not less". Well, I introduced myself to her and told her I'm a steel player, and our friendship started. I also have great memories of her very first video, "If The Jukebox Took Teardrops"-the song also featured Steve Hinson on steel. I asked Danni one time who was on steel on the records, and she said, "It's Steve Hinson". Her second record, "A Shot Of Whiskey & A Prayer" was produced by guitarist Richard Bennett, who played guitar on the songs, and Patty Loveless's husband, Emory Gordy Jr, who played bass on the record. Steve said he played an Emmons LeGrande on the songs! Danni's second record, "A Shot Of Whiskey & A Prayer" was released in 2001 on Monument Records, and "Honey I Do" was one of the singles on it. Steve is also heard on all of Danni's first record "29 Nights" with Richard Bennett on guitar. It wasn't until "Shot Of Whiskey & A Prayer" was released that Emory Gordy Jr had worked with Danni, Richard, and Steve
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger