The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Dick McIntire
Einar Baldursson

Stockholm, Sweden
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2017 7:37 am    

Very nice! I hope you don't mind but I made a pdf of the chord charts for easy referencing.

Here's a download link, good for 30 days from June 27 2017.

Mike Neer

NJ
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2017 9:07 am    

Einar Baldursson wrote:
Very nice! I hope you don't mind but I made a pdf of the chord charts for easy referencing.

Here's a download link, good for 30 days from June 27 2017.

Sure, but if you are visiting my blog, the ads help to support the costs of keeping the content up (clicking equals $.xx). I'm planning on doing quite a bit more articles soon.

Jesse Pearson

San Diego , CA
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2017 10:27 am     Saving the Charts

Mike, thanks so much for posting the Chord Chart. Unfortunately I was unable to save it so it was readable? Congratulations on making it into Down Beat Magazine. Wow!

Einar, thank you for re-posting the charts. The download button that came with your link only produced a very blurry image when I would go to my own downloads to see if it saved o.k. I finally came up with a work-around by using "PDF Creator" which is free and just right clicked on the first sheet that came up on your link to print with PDF Creator. Thanks again

I took a break from steel guitar for a few years and have just started back into it again because I now have a Rickenbacher B6 (1940 I think) that I am repairing with a pair of 1 1/2" shoes I received from Rick Aiello years ago. The pickup bobbin has a broken wire where it was connected to the outside ground wire which needs repairing. In trying to review learning material for steel, I was sadden to see that you can't get Bruce Clarks Hawaiian CD's anymore because there is no Cumquat Records for his Hawaiian music. I also found it curious that there are no Cumquat Record CD's on Youtube for the most part. I really love Dick Mcintire's playing and have a dedicated steel just for F#9 and C#m7. I'm currently transcribing Dick's "Hilo E", but I'm learning it on C6 with good results. Dick McIntire is a true treasure...total inspiration...

David M Brown

California, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2017 5:15 pm    

I just downloaded the pdf version from Dropbox, and it opened up fine. Thanks!

Levi Gemmell

New Zealand
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2017 5:44 pm     Re: Saving the Charts

Jesse Pearson wrote:
In trying to review learning material for steel, I was sadden to see that you can't get Bruce Clarks Hawaiian CD's anymore because there is no Cumquat Records for his Hawaiian music. I also found it curious that there are no Cumquat Record CD's on Youtube for the most part.

I have had a thread in the wanted to buy section for a couple of months now, which I have since bumped, searching for Dick McIntire on Cumquat. I'm prepared for anybody to name any price, however high, but there just are no takers! How are we going to get this material? It seems such a shame that it is not only unavailable for casual fans of Hawaiian music, but also for those of us who have so much to learn so we can preserve the form...
Sho~Bud LDG SD-10
1966 Fender Super Reverb

Sebastian Müller

Berlin / Germany
Post  Posted 27 Jun 2017 10:27 pm    

Joe Burke wrote:
I now can't stop listening to South of Honolulu! Love it.

My question is, how did some of you know it's in F#9? That tuning has never been brought up in my circle. Do many others use it?

I've been figuring it out in C6 for fun. I can't get some of it, but not what Dick McIntire gets!

Thanks.

Hello Joe,

there are a couple of variations of C#min, the most important strings are the upper 4 ones, from the top E C# G# E, 90% of the material can be played using just these strings. You always know that the player might used a different variation of the tuning when you hear a chord that you are not able to play in a reasonable manner.
Dick's main tunings are C#min or F#9 but he is using also quite a bit of plain E tuning. One nice variation of C#min:
E C# G# E D G#
Adds a nice Dominant Seven chord, as heard in La Cumpersita by Lani McIntire.